battery drain

Frequently asked questions and answers

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mangion88

battery drain

Postby mangion88 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:32 am

Hi guys
I've just installed the pumpkin GPS DAB android 4.4 head unit into a 2011 nissan pathfinder

After two days of not driving the car the battery goes flat.
The wiring is connected properly as once the key is removed the unit shuts off.
I can't use it whilst the key is out and it switches on with the car on.

I used an ammeter and found it draws .4 of an amp just to keep the memory on. It seems to be a faulty unit.

Any ideas?

Andy

Re: battery drain

Postby Andy » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:53 am

Hi there
Could you mind tell me your order number so that I can check it for you?
And the device is require power to stay the memoery my friend, but only small current, no possible it is 4A. Could you mind tell me how and where you measured this power? And if the wires are connected correct, then the red ACC wire shouldn't with power, but only the yellow wire get small current. Would you mind check the following topic for that?
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=161
Regards!

mangion88

Postby mangion88 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:51 am

As stated above in my post the unit is drawing .4A not 4A.

The red wire is 12v switched and the yellow is constant power as the unit is operating as it should

I put an ammeter on the battery terminal in line with the circuit. The reading showed .42A and when i pulled the fuse for the head unit it dropped straight away. My factory head unit doesn't do this so i have a defective unit.

271668988667 is my order number off eBay from pumpkin18au

Andy

Postby Andy » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:56 am

Hi there
Thank you for your reply!
Sorry, I thought you put 4A, didn't notice the point there.
The nornal condition is that the yellow BAT+ wire will keep around 10mA to kee the radio's memory on settings. But as you said it is already reach to 400mA, then it is something wrong with the internal board or circuit. And the mainly issue may happen in the motherboard. Would you able to repair by exchanging the motherboard if we can arrange a new one to send to you? Or you want to return the item back to exchange new item? If you choose to return, please direct contact the ebay seller to return to exchange new item. If you want to try the new motherboard, let me know here your ebay ID.
Regards!

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Configuration”