Can Bus illumination questions

Frequently asked questions and answers

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mauicruizer

Can Bus illumination questions

Postby mauicruizer » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:55 am

After connecting the illumination wire to the vehicles stock radio illumination location I noticed that the radio was always illuminated so I checked the voltage to ground. I found 12VDC with lights off and 6VDC with lights on so I disconnected it for now.
This is on a 2015 Ram Promaster and I'm curious if it has something to do with Can Bus.
I went into factory options menu and enabled key light instead but I'm curious if I can use this wire to control other features of the vehicle such as steering wheel controls, locks, lights, and climate using an app. I noticed in this factory options menu that you could specify the can bus type by manufacturer.
Could you explain if its possible and how this gets wired?
Thanks

Andy

Re: Can Bus illumination questions

Postby Andy » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:58 am

Hi there
Could you please tell me your order number so that I can check it for you? If you bought from ebay, please let me know your ebay ID.
Regards!

mauicruizer

Postby mauicruizer » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:56 pm

Ordered from Amazon. PM with # sent

Andy

Postby Andy » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:19 am

Hi there
I think you may find the wrong illumination wire from your car to connected, so that the radio button always get power. And the illumination wire from the radio is not able to work as other function, so the idea you are thinking of are not able to achieve, hope you can understand. But your solution for not use that wire and turning the key light option on factory setting is a good job!
And the can bus type on the universal device is not working my friend, those are special settings for some special items which included can bus decoder box and special for some cars.
Regards!

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Configuration”