Subwoofer pop when the car is turned off

Frequently asked questions and answers

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
coreburner

Subwoofer pop when the car is turned off

Postby coreburner » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:34 pm

The Remote turn off on this system (CN10-01201B) turns off the amplifiers while still sending audio when you turn off the ignition. this causes a very loud pop from the subwoofers. is there a firmware fix for this?

Jammy

Re: Subwoofer pop when the car is turned off

Postby Jammy » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:25 am

Hi,no firmware.
I suggest you switch the sound off and then turn off the unit.
Regards

amanindandism

Postby amanindandism » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:05 am

this sounds similar to an issue i had with my unit. what i found was the head unit continues to supply power on the remote wire for a few seconds after the ignition is turned off and i would get swooshing or popping noises when cycling the key off.
i wound up using the ignition power wire to turn on the amp instead of the remote output from the head unit and its been working great.
i hope that helps.

coreburner

Postby coreburner » Tue May 15, 2018 2:36 am

@amanindandism
Thanks that works

jordanh

Postby jordanh » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:03 am

In a VW i attemted to use ignition Power but it was Not clear which it is, so i used the +12 that goes to the canbus decoder Adapter. Result: fail, battery drained and poppig noise sometimes yes, sometimes no. So far no solution here.

jordanh

Postby jordanh » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:38 pm

OK accidently i found the solution for my setup.
Originally i had the ON signal for the amps connected to the Head unit's corresponding output cable labelled with "Amp Signal" (or similar). This cable was at 3,5V.
One day, this signal was not enough anymore to power on one of my Amps but it worked with a 12V Signal, so i decided to go on and find a 12V signal.
The solution was to use and cut/connect the Pin2 Cable between the Canbus Adapter and the head unit, labelled with ACC. This one gives 12V when the Car key is turned to stage 1 (not yet ignition) and turns off when the car key is turned into Position 0 (where you can drag it out).
No problems anymore on this signal cable :D

Now i can listen music without ignition AND there are no Pops from the sub, yey :D

jordanh

Postby jordanh » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:17 pm

Hello,
Thanks for your message
Could you please offer us your order ID and SKU number of car stereo?
Best Regards
Autopumpkin

OH noooo, now it pops sometimes when turning ignition OFF :D

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Configuration”