Mobile phone connectivity

The latest Pumpkin Car stereo Release News

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
GeoffHemingway

Mobile phone connectivity

Postby GeoffHemingway » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:49 pm

Hi all,

I'm a Newbie thinking of replacing the Sanyo unit in my mx5 with the mechless android 8.0 head unit. One of my reasons for this (there are many) is that I have to keep manually connecting my phone almost every time I get in the car, which is very inconvenient especially when I've forgotten to do it and then get a call that I can't answer. So I wondered how reliable the Pumpkin unit is?
Would I pair it and forget it or would I be jumping out of the frying pan into the fire?
Also, how good is the built in satnav?

Thanks for the anticipated help!

Geoff.

roscored

Re: Mobile phone connectivity

Postby roscored » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:50 am

I have had the 4.4 version of this head unit for several years and that was my main reason for buying it. I had a kenwood unit before and they refused to acknowledge that android existed, connection was always erratic. So the auto pumpkin head unit in my opinion is great and connects every time easily and consistently. Get the latest version as it has a higher Ram installed, mine only has 1 gb from memory and that really limits it. I may have to upgrade at some time soon.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “PUMPKIN New Release”