If you have problem with your unit

The latest Pumpkin Car stereo Release News

Moderators: Jammy, admin

Jammy

If you have problem with your unit

Postby Jammy » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:49 am

Hi all,
Thanks for purchasing our unit and we promise to provide the best after-sale service for you.
If you have any problems with your unit,you can write on this forum.In order to provide you effective solution,
firstly,we need you to provide us the order number in amazon or buyer id in ebay,Pumpkin or AliExpress so that we can confirm more information about your unit .If your SKU of the unit is begin from "11" such as 11-RQxxxx,we also need to confirm the screen resolution if it need to update the firmware.Hope your kind understanding.
In addition,we hope you can tell us about the problem detailedly. We will be appreciated if you attach some pictures or video on the post,because the picture and video can directly and correctly show your stereo problem,isn't it.If you do so,it will be very helpful to save the time to solve your problem because we needn't to ask you again about these information.
Please don't write your problem of the unit on this thread/post.I suggest you create a new thread/post and tell me about your problem and attach the info i need above.
Hope you know.
Regards

corsar1947

Re: If you have problem with your unit

Postby corsar1947 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:26 pm

2 Weeks ago, i did buy the Pumpin Radio :
Amazon Bestellnr : 303-2770266-3577120
Radio : SKU: CN01-02202B
System : Android 6.0.1
MCU Version : T5.13.19-122-10-C03101-170510
System Version : V8 2.1_20170510 192301_KLD 1-0

all work very fine, but i missed the Calendar. on my Radio was no app for the Calendar installed.
i try the google calendar app, but this do not work.
the system rell me, that the calendar store is disabled.
I wrote several mails to pumpkin but I received only wrong answers.
the first man from Pumpkin service tell me, that this is normal, because in This radio do the calender not work.
The next wrote to me that I have an old pumpkin model and that I need an update.
i become some links for the update and the update instruction , but this was all for another Pumpkin Radio with Android 4.4.4
today i receive now the mail from Pumpkin wit this Link for the Update :

https://mega.nz/#!sFVnkTbS!JGeNoPdUWt6C ... eaWnvssMmw

And in this article the update steps are displayed:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=14

the install from the update was not possible,
I try to make the Update with the way :
Settings - car settings - system update - choose USB ....
But if i click on the system update, then my radio shows no reaction....
now i try the next way.....
Copy the update file to an empty USB Flash disk.... and i do everything i read in the user manual.
but the update did not start.
what is wrong ?
the link for the instruction in the last Mail from Pumpkin was wrong too... becaus, this is the Instruction for the Update from the old Pumpkin Radio [ASIN: B016AEG7D8]
( This model I had before )
what i can do now, that my Radio do work with an Calendar ?
and that i can make the right update ?
Greetings from Germany
Peter

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:45 am

Hi,
sorry for the wrong firmware.Wrong firmware can not be recognized by the unit.
The google calendar really can't work with the unit.This the app compatibility problem.
But you can see the calendar in the setting page.
QQ图片20170726163254.jpg
QQ图片20170726163254.jpg (259.8 KiB) Viewed 19473 times

Regards

jonnytheonly*

Postby jonnytheonly* » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:13 am

I have got the same Download Link for a System Update from the Pumpkin Support yesterday (
https://mega.nz/#!sFVnkTbS!JGeNoPdUWt6C ... eaWnvssMmw).

This update is from the Year 2016 ... so ists no upgrade .... its a "downgrade" .... i think, its a wrong firmware. But "Cecilia" from the Pumpkin Support says, that its really the right upgrade for my CN01-02202B ....

But i cant believe ist.

Best Regards from Austria.

corsar1947

Postby corsar1947 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:37 am

That bis very bad ....
Does that mean I can not use any calendars on this radio?
With my previous model of Pumpkin with android 4.4.4 worked all calendars.
You could put in my company in the google calendar a date with address and I had everything immediately in my radio inclusive the link to google maps for the navigation.
i need a such tool for my work !
now I am trying outlook app from the google store and that works, but it is not so comfortable.

I have now read in their forum that other users have the same problem.
In december 2016 pumpkin wrote that this problem with an update is eliminated.
But when is there my new update?
greetings from germany
Peter

Chrisb

Unit is locked up or malfunctioning

Postby Chrisb » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:37 am

Amazon Order# 112-2007406-4227403
Model: 11-RQ0110E
Description: Pumpkin Single Din Android 5.1 Lollipop 7 inch HD Touchscreen Car Stereo DVD Player Bluetooth Radio Receiver Detachable Front Panel GPS Navigation Sup

Problem: The unit turns on and it goes to the home screen. You can see the screen it looks normal but none of the items on the touch screen works. The stereo itself & buttons are lite up but it says off in the display area. If I hit the power button the screen closes and all the lights go off. I turn it back on and same thing happens. I tried the reset with a paper clip and that didn't work. I got into the Android boot loader recovery and did a wipe & reset and that factory reset the device but I have the exact same issue. Just now the factory screen shows up and the default menu & background are on the screen instead of my background and apps which makes sense I did a factory reset. But still exact same problem.

What is the next step???

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:36 am

Jammy

Re: Unit is locked up or malfunctioning

Postby Jammy » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:04 am

Chrisb

Postby Chrisb » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:56 pm

Correct the touch screen will not allow me to touch anything on it. I can not check the resolution cause I can't touch anything. It shows the apps and widgets and the home button etc. Anything I touch will not work. It is like the screen works but the touch part doesn't work. If I press the band button the radio shows up on the screen but I can't touch the screen to change the channels. Please see the pictures I attached. The digital display says off but the unit is on and lite up. None of the items on the screen will do anything if you touch them.

I have an SD card and am familiar with upgrading the firmware. I just need the update.img file, is that correct? Do I need the MCE file as well?

The model on the box is 11-RQ0110E 03A. I still have the original box. I bought it in mid 2016 from amazon.
Attachments
IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG (2.03 MiB) Viewed 19433 times
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0002.JPG (1.78 MiB) Viewed 19433 times
IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0001.JPG (1.87 MiB) Viewed 19433 times

Chrisb

Postby Chrisb » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:44 pm

Hello, with the addition of the pictures. Any thoughts????

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “PUMPKIN New Release”