What function would you like to add in the car stereo in the future

Poll ended at Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:54 am

1.AnalogHighDefinition(AHD) HD rear view
4%
2.Digital Signal Processing(DSP) sound effect
9%
3.Build-in DAB+
11%
4.Comes with 4G communication.Since diferent regions has different 4G system,you can tell me your local communication system.
18%
5.Support mobile phone fast charging
7%
6. Gesture Recognition
9%
7.Tire pressure monitoring
18%
8.Android 9.0 system
24%

Total votes: 45

MRW

Re: What function would you like to add in the car stereo in the future

Postby MRW » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:43 pm

In my personal opinion, the main thing in your list is "built-in DAB+".

Things like fast phone charging, Android 9.0 and 4G aren't important for me.

Gesture, tyre pressure monitoring (requires silly wireless units on each of the tyre valves) and HD rear camera are absolutely pointless. Gesture control is a childish gimmick on phones anyway, and absolutely stupid in a car head unit. Steering wheel controls are there already (every car has it). So why wave your hands about trying to get a response from the gesture sensor. Often taking you way longer than simply keeping your hands on the wheel and using the controls right by your fingers without moving.

Some things which are really important are USB drive/USB memory stick/SD card capacity limit. This is way too low on most models (although the website cannot be trusted because these values are conflicting and inaccurate in each unit's specification. All Pumpkin head units could be 128GB or 64GB, who knows, the site says both for some models).

So for me, best things to see would be:

Built-in DAB+ (would be very nice to see)
Much higher USB/SD capacity limit ( very important)
DSP sound processing (since you mentioned it, but not incredibly important)
At least 4 USB ports (would be easy to do design/factory side and would be very useful)

Also, the end user should be able to remove all bloating apps if they exist (you should be able to choose what apps stay and which go after you buy a unit)
Last edited by MRW on Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

MRW

Postby MRW » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:45 pm

MRW

Postby MRW » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:58 pm

I can't believe what people have voted for.

If Pumpkin adopt the first top 3 changes, we're gonna end up with Tyre Pressure Monitoring (absolutely pointless), 4G (why would you need this, do people really use the head so much for internet connection on the move? It's so rare why not tether your phone?) and Android 9.0 (is that really more important than built-in DAB+ for example?

3 things which really don't matter.

mousemaniac

Postby mousemaniac » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:56 pm

Would like physical buttons to skip songs and pause.

tomaz_SI

Postby tomaz_SI » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:00 pm

I use new 2019 - 2DIN ND0294B Android 8.0 4GB RAM 32GB ROM - +pumpkin DVR usb camera.

My personal sugestions:

- 64GB internal memory
- micro SD card support for 128GB capacity or more
- Built in DAB+
- DSP Sound procesor
- DVR USB camera resolution 4K HD with better night time video quallity or at least Full HD 1080p (support for 2x DVR camera FRONT/BACK)
- MUSIC app like Poweramp app - or, preinstalled Poweramp app (I use it and it is amazing! :D )
- Android 9.0

More support for software upgrades. When a problem ocures with an app. or system; and then problem is resolved, you could inform users that you release new firmware and we can update the device.

I really miss in your web homepage under Support - firmware download section!

If the product had more long-term support, users would have more confidence in the long run. When the new model comes to market, say with
Android 9, old users can get an upgrade - as is normal with phone manufacturers.

n0ukf

Postby n0ukf » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:34 am

My request is some way to remove the letterbox compression of the DVD video. It ruins the aspect ratio of the movie both on the head unit screen and on the external monitor/TV (I'm using this in my motorhome as my media center), both of which are already widescreen and don't need letterboxing for widescreen video. I HATE HATE HATE wrong aspect ratio on video.
HDMI out jack would also be a nice feature. I haven't even seen this on the high end players.

skunk8pe

Postby skunk8pe » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:42 pm

A more robust/user friendly bluetooth music player interface. The bluetooth app provided is terrible.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo”