KD-C0224 SWC not working properly

Mainly focus on PUMPKIN Android/Wince Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo Issue

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ryang2009

KD-C0224 SWC not working properly

Postby ryang2009 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:15 pm

Ive had my stereo for a couple years and am considering getting a new one that isnt a pumpkin if i cannot resolve this issue. my SWC controls work sometimes, and sometimes they dont. nothing seems to correlate to find a cause, no temperature or anything specific turned on or off. i had the wires connected to the 5v input signal to the switches and then the output to the stereo initially and then i realized that the stereo also does the output so i rewired it so that the input and output come from the stereo. but this had no affect on the inconsistent operation of the SWC. is there a fix to this unit similar to the " C01" model? i saw a forum where you could remove a triode or 2 and solder over to bypass. any help would be appreciated, i like the stereo, just not the SWC issue.

Jammy

Re: KD-C0224 SWC not working properly

Postby Jammy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:58 am

Hi, i am interested to answer you this query. But first what is your car model and years ? And could you show me an picture about your connection ? I don't know what you pointed to when you said the wires connected to the 5v input signal to the switches .
Regards

ryang2009

Postby ryang2009 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:55 pm

i have a 2010 ford f150 4 door xlt with the SYNC system. The truck its self send out voltage to the SWC and then receives a different voltage back because the switches are just resistors. i left the 12 or 5v signal from the truck hooked up and then disconnected the wires at the output of the SWC and connected them to the stereo. Now i eliminated the voltage supply from the truck side and hooked it up to the stereo like it shows on the diagram on the stereo. the results were the same as far as operation.

ryang2009

Postby ryang2009 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:38 pm

its a 2010 ford f150 Xlt with SYNC. The truck outputs 12v or 5v (i cant remember) to the switch (Normally Open) and when you press the buton you want it closes and every button is a different resistance so it gets a different voltage back to the BCM telling it what input i pressed. so i initially had cut the wires from the SWC back to the BCM and connected it to the stereo. but i relaized the stereo outputs its own voltage by the diagram on it, so i just wired the SWC to and from the stereo, eliminating the truck supply

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:15 am

Hi,sorry that no works in the weekend.
did you connect the swc wire to our unit like following picture?
swc.png
swc.png (85.76 KiB) Viewed 1146 times

Regards

ryang2009

Postby ryang2009 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:10 pm

Yes i did connect them to those wires

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo”