PUMPKIN Android 8.0 Car Stereo Stuck In Recovery

Mainly focus on PUMPKIN Android/Wince Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo Issue

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
L-ight

PUMPKIN Android 8.0 Car Stereo Stuck In Recovery

Postby L-ight » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:22 pm

Hello,

I recently purchased this unit from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079N ... UTF8&psc=1

I've had the unit for 1 year with zero problems, and it's now inoperable - other than the backup camera.

I was listening to music (through Iheartradio) - and the entire head unit went dark and began to reboot. It sat at the Pumpkin logo screen for what seemed forever, then showed me the GPS navigation screen, then entered into recovery.

Inside recovery it says any key to move the selection,and long press to select. However no matter what key I press (home, back, navi, or turning the volume knob) nothing moves. No matter how long I depress one, nothing gets selected. The only button that seems to do anything is the RST button, but all it does is brings me back into the recovery menu telling me that the system is unable to be loaded as it is most likely corrupted.

I have looked high and low on this site, xda developers, youtube, and of course just google searching on how to resolve. However, it seems that most other units have an actual power button, whereas this unit does NOT. You can not press the volume knob in. It can only be turned. Soo - at this point, I am not quite sure how I am to go about trying to repair the OS within recovery when I am unable to select any options to flash an updated image.

I do have an SD card and USB stick - and have tried loading a couple different update.zip files onto them that I was able to find from my searches, however as I stated before - without being able to select anything it seems to be a dead end.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (81.39 KiB) Viewed 735 times

Jammy

Re: PUMPKIN Android 8.0 Car Stereo Stuck In Recovery

Postby Jammy » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:41 am

Hi, you need to short press the volume button to move the selection and long press it to choose. Do you mean the volume button unable to be pressed on? If this , you can try to plug out the hat of the volume button then press it again. You can also try to place some paper into the hat.
If the volume button can be pressed on but doesn't make any function, you can contact the pumpkin customer service via amazon message for further help.
Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo”