Battery dead after a week

Mainly focus on PUMPKIN Android/Wince Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo Issue

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
CraigR

Battery dead after a week

Postby CraigR » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:00 pm

I have the Octocore with Android 8 and after a week of my GMC truck sitting the battery goes dead. I have replaced the battery but still goes dead. I double checked the wires and all is good. Radio shuts off when I open door also as normal. Is there any settings that will shut all down until restart?

Jammy

Re: Battery dead after a week

Postby Jammy » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:49 am

About this issue ,you can contact the pumpkin customer service or write to support@autopumpkin.com.
You need to tell them your order number or ebay id so that they can confirm your unit . i suggest you show them an short video to help them understand your query and find the cause.
Regards

CraigR

Postby CraigR » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:31 am

I bought this several months ago and most likely out of warranty. How would a video help what so ever? And what would I video? It's a dead battery! :evil:

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:52 am

Hi, here is an article about draining up battery.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=161
Because i don't know which car streos you bought and how you connect the unit. And you might need to change something after you have a look on above article, so i ask you to contact the seller or pumpkin customer service. They will help you.
Regards

CraigR

Postby CraigR » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:14 pm

Already seen article before my first post. I do not see any model number on it but the box has a sticker with ND0279B-A08 and that's all nothing in the manual. I know it's octocore and has DVD, GPS. I also know wires (red yellow) are connected properly.

Just found a video with my exact radio. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RftsrLTP3o

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:05 am

Hi, so your model is ND0279.
You can follow the guidance of that article. About your description, maybe your adapter(you had should bought a ISO adapter) drain up your batter. You can directly modify the battery wire to the unit, not the canbus. More query, i suggest you show some picrures about your connection.
Regards

n0ukf

Postby n0ukf » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:32 pm

I had similar (battery drain) trouble last year with a unit made by Nakamichi (unbranded except for the printed manual). I found in that case that the yellow (memory) wire was drawing a half amp of current even when the unit was turned off. I checked the new Pumpkin unit for this before installing, it only draws 1mA of power when off.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo”