Black Screen and no response

Mainly focus on PUMPKIN Android/Wince Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo Issue

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
phreddyphrog

Black Screen and no response

Postby phreddyphrog » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:27 pm

Hello,
I have a Pumpkin CN 01-02306B that refuses to turn on and has a dark, blank screen. However, I am able to get the side buttons to light up but they do not stay on. As I can find no definite reset instructions to use on it, could you please give me step-by-step instructions on how can I reset/reboot it?
I apologize for not giving you more information on the unit itself but, of course, I am unable to go to settings.
Thank you,
Fred

Fred
Pumpkin model 7", Android 7.1 - # CN01-02306B-08A
Amazon Order# 112-7988319-7148262
Purchased - 09/13/2017

Jammy

Re: Black Screen and no response

Postby Jammy » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:24 am

Hi, you can try follows:
1.check whether any sound or touch feedback when you start the unit. If yes, follow step2. If not, follow step3.
2. use an thin stick to click the reset button to reboot the unit. And if this doesn't help, contact the pumpkin customer service to change the display screen.
3.use an thin stick to click the reset button to reboot the unit. And if this doesn't help, flash the unit. Download this file to the root content of one sd card and insert it into the GPS slot. https://mega.nz/#!PTRUnKxK!zM5Rq7xIuZ20 ... La8U_XA1AI Next follow this video to enter recovery mode to update the firmware.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmUU-Uv ... 9OjWlHyCDw
Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo”