Brand New Head Unit - Faulty GPS

Mainly focus on PUMPKIN Android/Wince Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo Issue

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Dwayne Dibley

Brand New Head Unit - Faulty GPS

Postby Dwayne Dibley » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:03 pm

Hello there,

I received a Pumpkin Head Unit just over a week ago, and have just gotten around to install it the last couple days.
This is the unit I bought - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1

Model : PX5
Build Number : 201902221541
CSN2_0192019_154914

I originally installed the GPS receiver under the dash - and it worked really well the first night. I was very happy. However the next day it no longer worked. GPS test sees 12 satellites but will not get a fix (sometimes gets a fix for a couple seconds).
I have removed the receiver from underneath the dash and placed it right on top of the dash under the windscreen. I have even put it outside of the window - still no gps fix.
I have tried clearing the GPS (AGPS > clear and update), and I have tried reseating the GPS in the back of the head unit. - still no fix.

The GPS was the main reason I went with an Android HU. Without a functioning STABLE GPS then the HU is not really fit for purpose, and I'm afraid I will need to return this for a refund.

Aside from this I am really happy with the HU. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jammy

Re: Brand New Head Unit - Faulty GPS

Postby Jammy » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:36 am

Hi,

Thank you for your post.
What's your order ID pls?

Regards,
Jam

Dwayne Dibley

Postby Dwayne Dibley » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:50 am

Hello,

Order number is as follows :
ORDER # 206-0936436-0015558

Thanks

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:19 am

Our customer service contacted you via amazon.
She will follow your issue.
Thanks.

Regards,
Jam

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo”