B+ and ACC

Mainly focus on PUMPKIN Android/Wince Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo Issue

Moderators: Jammy, admin

dnapekko

Re: B+ and ACC

Postby dnapekko » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:10 am

I removed the head unit to install the relay, and noticed that in the provided wiring loom pin 7 in car's side goes to pin 4 in Pumpkin side, and pin 4 in car's side goes to pin 7 in Pumpkin's side. Obviously I can get fast boot to work as designed without additional relay if I change these wires.

dnapekko

Postby dnapekko » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:45 am

Yep, now I have fast boot, and the "ACC on" setting works as it is designed. Now I just need to decide, if I want to have power on for certain time to listen to the music without ignition power on.

johngmr

Postby johngmr » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:27 am

dnapekko are you saying you switched the yellow and red wires and that fixed the problem of the radio cold booting every time? I contacted Pumpkin about it and they said that the Android 10 version is designed to cold boot every time. It's not a huge problem but I wish it would fast boot like my Android 9 one did.

dnapekko

Postby dnapekko » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:57 am

I do not remember the colours, but the wires crossed from pin 7 to 4, and vice versa. My Android is not 10, though. If Pumpkin has changed the system to cold boot every time, it is very silly decision. I already considered a time delay relay to solve the very annoying cold boot issue. Next step would have been to change the player to another brand :D

dnapekko

Postby dnapekko » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:59 am

And I still wonder, why the player cannot be switched on for 20 minutes, as the original radio was

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo”