USB disconnect over bumps

Mainly focus on PUMPKIN Android/Wince Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo Issue

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
cliddell

USB disconnect over bumps

Postby cliddell » Mon May 31, 2021 10:06 am

I've got an Android 10 Pumpkin head unit, this one (I think!):

In general, very happy with it. Just this one problem: I have my music MP3 files stored on a USB thumb drive, and my audiobook MP3 files stored on another, both plugged into the pair of trailing USB sockets from the dedicated socket (rather than the single USB-A socket on the back of the unit).

At some point, every time I drive the car, a bump in the road causes one of those USB thumb drives to disconnect. It's inconvenient for the music files but not a huge issue. But the audiobook player I use writes status files to the library storage media, so if the disconnect happens at the wrong time, it corrupts the file system and often I have to reformat and re-populate the thumb drive.

The trailing USB-A sockets aren't a very tight fit onto the thumb drive plugs (or any others that I've tried), which might be the culprit.

My question is: has anyone else encountered a similar issue? And, if so, did you find a solution or workaround?

Thanks,

Chris

Jammy

Re: USB disconnect over bumps

Postby Jammy » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:38 am

Hello
Thanks for your message.
We would like to recommend a suitable head unit for your car. For better confirmation, could you please show us pictures of the original car plug and dashboard? We look forward to your reply.
Best Regards
Autopumpkin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo”