CN02-02205B-08A-US2-FBA device lock screen and cut off announcements

Mainly focus on PUMPKIN Android/Wince Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo Issue

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
dbeamer407

CN02-02205B-08A-US2-FBA device lock screen and cut off announcements

Postby dbeamer407 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:09 pm

I have had a CN02-02205B-08A-US2-FBA unit in Ford Ranger since 2017. The GPS barely worked at the beginning and over the years it stopped working completely. I now have a "new" Ford Ranger and I was considering replacing this headunit however I decided to follow a lead and replace the GPS antenna. The new antenna connects instantly (this never happened even when the headunit was brand new) so I have decided to stick with the headunit for the time being because I play CD's all the time and many headunits do not have this feature.

There are two major issues I would like to resolve to increase the use-ability of this hardware. First, I would like to either turn off the lock screen password or change it to a gesture. I cannot find a menu to change lock screen settings anywhere. How do I do this?

Second, announcements and even music often have the first second or two cut off. A song will start with the first second or so cut off. Even more annoying are the cut-off navigation announcements. Things like "You have arrived at your destination" instead say "destination" or "You're over the speed limit" instead say "speed limit". Any ideas on how to fix this maddening problem would be appreciated.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo”