RQ0255

Mainly focus on PUMPKIN Android/Wince Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo Issue

Moderators: Jammy, admin

Ghostknife

RQ0255

Postby Ghostknife » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:26 pm

Hi, I have just purchased and installed this head unit and for the most part it has been good. However i have a problem with the rotary (analog) volume knob not working, it has happened 3-4 time since installing it a week ago. The soft controls still work. I am hoping to be able to upgrade this unit to Android 5.1, and hopefully fix this issue....are there any working / tested versions for it yet? Also do you have any plans for including a sub output level adjustment... as it is frustrating not being able to adjust it. Purchased direct from the pumpkin website, here is the order conf number 100005090. Thanks - Greg.

Jammy

Re: RQ0255

Postby Jammy » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:38 am

Hi, regarding your volume knob issue, could you please first press the RST hole to check?
Then remove the volume knob, try to rotary the inside volume knob and tell us if the unit volume can be adjusted.
If not, it's possible the volume knob part on the TFT board is broken.
About the android 5.1, the factory told us that the android 5.1 firmware was not available on android 4.4 unit now, and the result we tested also show the android 4.4 unit could not find the 5.1 upgrade file.
About the sub output adjustment suggestion, we will feedback to factory and try to release the new unit which support this function.
Regards

Ghostknife

Postby Ghostknife » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:27 pm

Yes, the reset button fixes the problem.... but it is continuing to happen. I am seeing this problem about once a day now and find it very annoying. Each time i have to reset the unit. Please tell me there is something i can do to fix this????

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:26 am

Hi, about the volume button issue, you can go to the Settings-->others to select the "Wheel3", click Apply and Exit, then the unit will reboot itself.
If this does not help, please try to install our latest firmware to check, here is the link for you.
https://mega.nz/#!9EljVZRC!zcFhEMAcOUiI ... 8FVlT0sKuo
Regards

Ghostknife

Postby Ghostknife » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:49 pm

Thanks for the reply's, I could not locate the area in setting you suggested - "Settings-->others to select the "Wheel3" can you please be more specific on the location of this setting.. I can live with the volume issue if I have too, but on a more important problem, I started the car this morning and the touch screen was not responding to any touch input, It was working fine last night and nothing today.... i have rebooted / reset the unit at least 6 times, still nothing. It appears to be just the touch thats not working, if i press the nav hard button the maps open. Im a little disappointed with the number of problems ive had with this unit, and if you are unable to suggest a fix for the touch screen, the unit is pretty much useless as i cannot use anything without it,. Please tell me you have a fix for me ??

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:02 am

Hi, sorry for the late reply due to the weekend.
About the touch screen not working, would you mind take a short video to help us check?
If it's really the touch screen broken, we can send you a new touch screen to solve it.
Regards

Ghostknife

Postby Ghostknife » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:05 am

Hi. Please see attached link to youtube vid of touchscreen not working. The unit has been good when it works but these problems are starting to become frustrating. Would appreciate if you could supply replacement screen assp. Thanks.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:48 am

Hi, we will arrange to send the new touch screen to you ASAP.
Normally it takes 12-28 business days to arrive, hope your patient waiting.
Any questions, please contact us feel free.
Regards

Ghostknife

Postby Ghostknife » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:22 pm

Hi, Sorry its taken me a while to get back to you. I have finally fitted the new touch overlay and got the unit back in my car working again. So just wanted to say thanks for shipping the part out. I still have the occasional problem of the volume knob not working, but have not tried the firmware you suggested earlier. Now the Screen is working again I will try this as soon as i get a chance. Thanks again for your help and support.

bezugo

Postby bezugo » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:27 pm

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo”