Micropone for Bluetooth not working

Mainly focus on PUMPKIN Android/Wince Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo Issue

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
rabe65

Micropone for Bluetooth not working

Postby rabe65 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:09 pm

Hello,
I recently bought a Pumpkin RQ0367 (Android 5.1 for VW) and I have several problems with the device.
One problem is that the when making a phone call via Bluetooth, the sound quality is unacceptable for the person being called. There is only an extremely large noise and the voice is hardly hearable. I tried this with the included external microphone as well as with a more expensive mircophone from VW. I tried it with several mobile phones and I tried with with calling different telefones. In call cases, the person being called cannot properly here me.
Is there a work arround to solve this issues.
Thanks!

Jammy

Re: Micropone for Bluetooth not working

Postby Jammy » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:39 am

Hi, could you please tell us your order number?
This information is very important for us to give you the best solution.
The factory checked the external microphone and the microphone cable after this kind issue feedback to them , they have designed a RCA input cable for external microphone which can improve the phone call quality at the being called person side.
Once we get it , we will send it you. Hope your patient waiting.
Regards

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:55 am

rabe65

Postby rabe65 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:11 pm

Hello,
thanks for your reply. I can try using the new external microphone. Please send it to me. What do you mean with new RCA cable. What is new about the cable? Does in include a microphone pre-amplifier?

On a different forum dealing with China RNS I found out that the bad quality of the phone calls is a common problem. See
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... st55769511
Some people propose to make hardware modifications for solving the problem, such as cutting the connection of the internal microphone. Do you advice to try such measures.

In an early response to my post you asked for my order number. I don't have an order number, I ordered the device via ebay from star18de.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:51 am

Hi, the new external mic and the new RCA cable had been sent out with the tracking number RS588141239NL .Normally it takes 12-25 business days to arrive.
The factory testing report shown that the mic cable did not have the high quality audio channel, so they designed the new RCA cable which improve the sound from the person to the other one who calling.
The different forum just explain other possible solution to improve the phone call quality via bluetooth, maybe it have some help, but we don't suggest you do that, cause you can get the new external mic to improve the phone call quality.
Regards

blangys

Postby blangys » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:36 pm

I'm interested to know how this works out. I purchased two of these units and have had unacceptable microphone quality. I am juuuuuusssst about to pull them out and replace them with other gear if I can't get this worked out. If there is another microphone arrangement that I can purchase from Amazon that would fix this I'd try it. I like the units other than this issue, but having good hands free is an absolute requirement.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:28 am

Hi, if you bought the units from us, could you please first tell us your order number?
Cause this new RCA cable and new mic is just used for one kind of our unit, hope your understanding.
As you can know from the below other forum, the microphone quality can hard be solved completely.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... st55769511
And all of the stereo supplier are trying to do their best to improve the microphone quality, but different supplier have different microphone port or cable design, so our new RCA cable and new mic may not available on your unit.
Regards

rabe65

Postby rabe65 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:41 am

Hello,
I analyzed the problem with the microphone and the cause of the bad quality is clearly a design flaw of the device. The microphone is only supplied with less then 1V, thus the microphone current is much too low than it has to be. For an electret microphone such as the one the comes with the device (and such as other original car microphones) need at least 1.5 - 2 V. I added an external microphone pre-amplifier which properly supplys the phone with sufficient current, and the quality is significantly improved. I think this is the best one can do with external measures without opening the unit. Anyway, this is a quite annoying issue, as this is just one of the problems I faced with this device! You already email me that you sent me a new microphone - I am looking forward to see in what way this is different from the original one that came with the unit!

rabe65

Postby rabe65 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:42 am

Hello,
I analyzed the problem with the microphone and the cause of the bad quality is clearly a design flaw of the device. The microphone is only supplied with less then 1V, thus the microphone current is much too low than it has to be. For an electret microphone such as the one the comes with the device (and such as other original car microphones) need at least 1.5 - 2 V. I added an external microphone pre-amplifier which properly supplys the phone with sufficient current, and the quality is significantly improved. I think this is the best one can do with external measures without opening the unit. Anyway, this is a quite annoying issue, as this is just one of the problems I faced with this device! You already email me that you sent me a new microphone - I am looking forward to see in what way this is different from the original one that came with the unit!

rabe65

Postby rabe65 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:49 pm

Hello,
I received the new microphone you sent me. It does not solve the issue, which is not suprising. I have analyzed this microphone and in fact it even needs a higher supply voltage to deliver a signal than the microphone that was shipped with the unit.
As I said in my earlier post, the problem is not the microphone but the design of the microphone imput circuit of the unit.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo”