ELM327 OBD-Adapter causes unwantead reboots

Mainly focus on PUMPKIN Android/Wince Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo Issue

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
rabe65

ELM327 OBD-Adapter causes unwantead reboots

Postby rabe65 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:59 pm

Hello,
I recently bought a Pumpkin RQ0367 (Android 5.1 for VW) and I have several problems with the device.
My next problem comes with an ELM327 OBD-Bluetooth adapted which I connected with the device as shown in the instructions and in the youtube video. The connection could be established and the Torque pro App is able to read the measures as expected. However, with the OBD-Bluetooth adapted connected, the device reboots all the time when I switch on the power-botton of the device (switching it on and off while the ignition is on, of course, so the device is constantly supplied with 12V power). Usually, the device should shut down to standby and should be up again, immediately after switching it on again. At least this is the expected be haviour, which I have without the OBD connection. More annoyingly, when it reboots due to the OBD connection, it also completely deletes the stored radio stations.
To me this seems like an issue that needs to be adressed in the MCU-firmware. Is there already a firmware-update available?

Jammy

Re: ELM327 OBD-Adapter causes unwantead reboots

Postby Jammy » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:20 am

Hi,
About the OBD bluetooth adapter issue, maybe it has relation with the Torque pro app you used.
In fact, you can find the preinstalled app Torque for OBD bluetooth on our unit, please use it to check if the problem still happens.
And if possible, could you please take a video about the problem, upload it to youtube, then send the link to us?
We will help you check and try to give you positive solution.
Regards

rabe65

Postby rabe65 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:43 pm

Hi,
I uninstalled the Torque app, but this does not change anything. The problem occurs even before starting the App. Just having the bluetooth connection established causes the problem. I recorded a video demonstrating the problem. See https://youtu.be/ixhEIiILLbc

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:47 am

Hi, I have sent your video to the factory, they need to know if the problem has relation with the firmware and MCU version.
So could you please send us a picture about the system version?
We will try to help you solve the problem.
Regards

rabe65

Postby rabe65 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:58 am

Here are the software versions of my unit
20160804_125151.jpg
20160804_125151.jpg (3.95 MiB) Viewed 1690 times

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:57 am

Hi, we have tested the OBD adapter on the android 5.1 unit and also found the same problem as you described. Sorry for the trouble caused.
It's possible the software problem, we will contact the factory and ask them provide the new firmware to solve this problem. Hope your patient waiting.
Once we get the answer from them, I will reply you ASAP.
Regards

rabe65

Postby rabe65 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:06 pm

Hello,
is there als a new firmware that solves this problem for my device?
In a different thread viewtopic.php?f=18&t=723 I recognized that there is a firmware solving this problem.

Regards

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:22 am

Hi,
Sorry to forget send you the update firmware to solve the problem.
Here is the link for you.
https://mega.nz/#!ZYFCGIZY!vlVpc2S_zPiz ... xD2mRZkC60
Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo”