Speech issue on RQ0276E

Mainly focus on PUMPKIN Android/Wince Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo Issue

Moderators: Jammy, admin

MiLe

Speech issue on RQ0276E

Postby MiLe » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:26 pm

Helo,

i received yesterday my RQ0276E, Quadcore 1,6 MHz, 1 GB, 7" 1024*600, Android 5.1, Amazon oreder number is 302-9991654-6653104.

First - there was no manual and no offline navi in the package, in the download sections i find for the RQ0276E: Nothing :(
Bevore installing the unit in the car, i wanted to test and configure it on the workbench with a good power supply.

So i installed my favourite navi "Sygic". GPS signal is quite good. But there is an issue with the voice commands: Sometime it works for a few times, than the voice stays muted. I tried every possible combination of the (not documented) switches in tge GPS settings - nothing helps.
It works better/longer as the FM tuner is swiched off, but if the tuner was activated once, there is no more speech from the navi, even if i switch the tuner off. If i leave the tuner active, the music is muted or reduced when there should be speech but here's no speech.

So i tried other navigation systems "GPS Navigation & Maps Scout" as well as the mostly here recommended "iGo primo" - with the same results.
With iGo Primo, the speech announcenents work when the media player is ative but not with the fm tuner.

So, one of the most important combination of purposes in a car does'nt work: Radio + Navigation. It's really sad but in this way, the unit does'nt do what i need in the car.

The device has really some nice features and a big potential, but with the kastrated Android 5.1 (most system settings does not exist), (for my taste) ugly FM-tuner wich causes problems while navigating, a big chance to compete to the big players as Pioneer, Kenwood..... is lost.
Small example: You can switch keyboard tones on and off, but there's no way to alter the volume of the beeps. Strange!
Only one volume setting for everything - mediaplayer is far louder then the fm tuner.......

The absence of a manual does'nt really help and the translation of some settings is a bit strange ("speed".....) and causes misunderstandings. Even in this case, a manual would help.

So did i make a mistake in configuration or is there a firmware/software update or another solution? Or would the RQ 0259E solve the problem, as it hast another tuner module onboard? A firmware reset (tried hundreds of passwords because the lack of documentation) did'nt help.

Thanks and best regards

Michael

Jammy

Re: Speech issue on RQ0276E

Postby Jammy » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:36 am

Hi, could you please tell us your current system version?
If we have new firmware, we can send it to you and try to solve these problem.
With respect of your issue, would you mind take a video, upload it to youtube, then send the link to us for check?
Regards

MiLe

Postby MiLe » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:16 am

Hi Jammy,

thanks for your support!!

Model.Nr.: S07
MCU: MTCC-KLD6-V2.91
May 31 2016 19:54.:14

Android 5.1.1 1024*400

Kernel 3.0.101+
root@chun #42
Tue May 17 21:50:34 CST 2016

Build rk3188-userdebug 22062016.16:41:09

Sorry to have no video available, as i'm not experienced in making videos ant to upload them.
But its as easy as described:
Without FM radio/tuner active: Speech from Navi is good.
With FM tuner activated: different reactions. Sometimes the radio level is reduced/muted but there's no speech, sometimes the radio level is'nt even reduced/muted. Same effect with sygic, igo and scout.

I tried the different setting in "GPS" as "mischen" and "Schaltung" with different mixing-relations. I tried to change the levels in "factory settings #126 "Audio", nothings helps.

thanks and regards

Michael

download/file.php?mode=view&id=471
download/file.php?mode=view&id=470
Attachments
Pumpkin1.jpg
Pumpkin1.jpg (150.7 KiB) Viewed 6491 times
Pumpkin2.jpg
Pumpkin2.jpg (218.62 KiB) Viewed 6491 times

MiLe

Postby MiLe » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:43 am

finally i was able to upload a video - sorry for the bad quality.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:47 am

Hi, according to your description and attached video, it's possible that the radio app has problem or the system software has a bug.
If you don't mind before we get a solution from the factory, we can send you another MCU version to check if it helps.
Here is the link of the MCU for you.
https://mega.nz/#!0JFGlBoC!UX-oH28_AwP6 ... KZr5FmVqNE
Please download the MCU file through your browser, then copy it to the SD card, insert the SD card into GPS slot, press the RST hole about 10-15 seconds, then release, the unit will automatically enter the recovery mode, please press the RST hole to choose the "update system/mcu from the sdcard and clear all".
After installing the MCU, please turn on the unit to check if the problem still happens.
Regards

MiLe

Postby MiLe » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:09 am

Hi Jammy,

thanks for the link.

I did like you proposed. The MCU update seemed to work properly, but after shutting down and reboot (two green dancing robots) the screen stays black. I get the graphic volume slider oin the dieplay when touching the volume buttons and "Shutting down" when touching the Power button, but the rest of the screen stays black. I even have beep tones when touching the soft buttons, but that's it.
Even a "wipe all..." in the recovery menu or a a hard reboot by cutting the power supply did'nt change this.

Did we perhaps update the MCU and erase the firmware? In this case, i would need a new firmware file to.

What can we do now?

Thanks and regards

Michael

MiLe

Postby MiLe » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:41 pm

As my RQ0276E is a brick for the moment (help urgently needed), i got a RQ0269E today. Same device but another (parrot) bluetooth chip.
All the data for MCU and the kernel are exactly the same as for the RQ0276 (pictures above) except the date of the build. It's even build rk3188, but the production date is a 12 days earlier: 01062016.11:08.05. Amazon Order Nr. is 305-9554292-2193153

Even on this unit about the same problem: If the fm radio is active, there is no speech output from the navigation software. The radio sound is not muted or reduced independend of the settings in "GPS" or factory settings #126.
If music is played by the media player, the speech anouncements of the navigation software are OK, but even here, the music is not muted or reduced while the navigation talks. (At last this worked on the 276)

So the effect is a bit different but there seems definitivly to be a bug in the audio management of the firmware or tuner app.

So for the moment i have one brick and one unit wich does'nt do what it should. I would like to build a unit in my car this weekend, but as long as there's no solution, i don't want to risk this.

Please help!

Thanks and best regards

Michael

edit: perhaps a helpful hint:
when the fm tuner is active, switching it off by the button in the middle of the widged does'nt bring the navigation voice back. But when the fm tuner app is opened fullscreen and than termineted by the return button, the navigation voice is active.

MiLe

Postby MiLe » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:26 pm

just to push the thread up:

My 0276E is still a brick after the suggestet MCU update.
Would it be possible to get the original MCU back and the original firmware as it seems that these is corrupted?

Thanks

Michael

MiLe

Postby MiLe » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:22 am

i found the solution :D :

i was able to"debrick" my unit using a USB-Keyboard and pressing "e" while holding "alt" and "print".
Then i flashed another MCU (an older one 1.85, not the missing original) and different firmwares (HuiFei Stock and Malaysk, Android 5.1.1 und 4.4.4) with no improvement regadring the speech issue, until i detected this:

When no FM-tuner is running, Sygic sends the speech to both front channels.
While FM-tuner is active, Sygic sends the speech only to the front-left channel.

As i had the unit at home with only one speaker conected (front-right), there was no speech when tuner active.
This solved my bluetooth-phone-no sound-problem too, as the telephone-speech comes only from the front left speaker while bluetooth audio comes from all speakers.

In this points, a documentation could help and save hours and hours of work, flashing, support.......

Perhaps this helps in other cases, when not all the speakers are connected of front/back or left/right are reversed.

What i still need is the original MCU delivered with the RQ0276E, Quadcore 1024, Model.Nr.: S07, MCU: MTCC-KLD6-V2.91, May 31 2016 19:54.:14
Could you please be so kind as to provide me a link?

Thanks and regards

Michael

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:20 am

Hi, here is the links of the stable firmware and original MCU for your unit.
Firmware: https://mega.nz/#!MFcw0KZC!xlkrqN3E_v9G ... yYllst3oxc
MCU: https://mega.nz/#!YElSyAhK!qUmyJCjNHudQ ... 1zIx_xKsYA
Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo”