Aspect ratio issue for NOT 16:9 movies

Mainly focus on Headrest DVD player&Roof Mounted DVD player issue

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Lex

Aspect ratio issue for NOT 16:9 movies

Postby Lex » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:20 pm

Hi all,

I've just bought two is 21-CH1006B-FR and I have aspect ratio’s issues when I display a movie that is NOT in 16:9 or 4:3: the picture is stretched vertically!

I'm sure not to be the only one with this issue, so is there a new firmware available that fixes it?
Is there a magic option to encode movies that forces the player to maintain the aspect ratio?

I've tried many encoding options with handbrake (anamorphic, resolution, mkv / mp4...) but all have failed.

I hope there is a solution, because movies are unlookable otherwise...

Best regards,
Lex

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Headrest&Roof Mounted DVD Multimedia System”