CN01-02306B steering wheel controls on Land Rover Discovery 3

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
alarmour

CN01-02306B steering wheel controls on Land Rover Discovery 3

Postby alarmour » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:00 am

Hi All,

I have a CN01-02306B head unit installed in my Land rover Discovery 3 (LR3 in the US), other than a random rebooting issue (in another thread) it's working well except for the steering wheel controls - I'm very confident that I have the correct wires connected and I've measured the varying resistances for the SW controls at the back of the head unit, but the head unit does not see anything when I try to program the SW controls on the head unit.

Has anyone got the SW controls working on a LR Discovery 3 or Range Rover Sport? If so, did you do anything special or did it just work?

I'm at the point where between this issue and the random rebooting, I'm ready to buy different head unit and chucking the pumpkin unit in the bin...

Thanks,

Andrew

Jammy

Re: CN01-02306B steering wheel controls on Land Rover Discovery 3

Postby Jammy » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:32 am

Hi,you vehicle has a canbus system which mean you need to externally purchase the adapter to support your SW. Referring to this wire.https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Connects2-CT ... Swiu5bPjWB
Connecting this adpter to our ISO cable.
Regards

alarmour

Postby alarmour » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:08 am

I'm not sure what having a CANBUS has to do with the SW controls - none of them are connected to the CANBUS at all.

Can you clarify what this adapter does? Does it convert an analog (varying resistances) to a digital one? The documentation that came with the head unit was not clear on the type of signal it's expecting from the SW Controls - Analog or Digital

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:03 am

Hi, i don't get familiar with this file. But in fact, you car computer send sw signal(this should be a digital signal which is based on the canbus system) to the car stereo, so you need an canbus decode adapter to change this digital sw signal to analog signal to our car stereo. You can connect the sw wires from the canbus adapter to our unit after you get the adapter. More detail, maybe you can get some info from the internet.
Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Android System”