F-cam app

Frequently asked questions and answers

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
timothy_83

F-cam app

Postby timothy_83 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:23 am

I have a ND0294B (CSN2) bought via autopumpkin.com order number: 100003688. I have upgraded the firmware to 201902201912.
I have a Nissan 360 camera system where the front camera is a permanent feed into the 'reverse camera' line when the car is not in reverse gear. I need a way to bring the reverse camera feed up quickly without going into reverse.

1. I have enabled the F-cam app using the factory setting and it works using the default launcher. However every time I set it as an icon in the home screen it disappears (the icons reset to default) after a factory configuration change or after a fast boot. Is there any way to save F-cam as a home screen application permanently?

2. Using CarWebGuru launcher, all the screen configuration is saved after a fast boot, however F-cam does not show in the list of applications I can add to screen. Is there anyway of using F-cam in other launcher?

Jammy

Re: F-cam app

Postby Jammy » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:46 am

100003688 does not support the original 360 camera system, the car has 2 video input channels cam-in (switched by reverse-in line) and av-in (switched through the AVin icon of the main menu)

Jam.

timothy_83

Postby timothy_83 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:47 am

Hi Jam,

Thank you for your response. The Nissan 360 system is not the same as the standard 360 system where there are 4 feeds going into the headunit. Because Nissan has it's own control module outside the headunit combining the images into a single feed. So the Cam-in feed actually shows the front of the car and the 'birds-eye' view when I'm not in reverse.

The F-cam app actually does work for this because I can open the app and look at the Cam-in feed. I am aware I have an option of splitting my Cam-In feed so that in goes into the AV-in too. Although I heard the AVin app stops the music from playing so it is not idea.

My issue is the F-cam app does not save on the home screen. And when using a different Android launcher, the F-cam app disappears from the list so I can't use it even if I enabled it in factory setting, I'm guessing that's because F-cam app is built and optimised for the default launcher and is not a standard app.

Do you have an alternative app/apk I can install that performs the same function as F-cam app?

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:00 am

Hi,

Is the 360 camera system original or aftermarket?

Regards,
Jam

timothy_83

Postby timothy_83 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:25 pm

Original. I have a 'retention' adapter which converts the feed to a RCA signal.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:56 am

OK,could we have some photos about how you connect it to radio and if we can get a video,that couldn't be better.
If you are convenience send us a Youtube link.

Regards,
Jam

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Configuration”