Model 11-RQ0255+Y0811 issues

Moderators: Jammy, admin

gggg602

Model 11-RQ0255+Y0811 issues

Postby gggg602 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:34 am

Hi,

I ordered this unit off of amazon last week and had it professionally installed at the car stereo shop in my 2004 GMC Yukon Denali. I have noticed a few issues and wanted to see if you can help me figure out.

1. Steering wheel control. I am able to access the steering wheel control setting. When I attempt to configure and have it learn the buttons. It is only able to configure 1 button. When i attempt to configure the second button it will override the first button. Example: I tried to have it learn the volume buttons. I start by pressing reset in the settings. Then I press vol- followed by pressing the steering wheel button. It says it is configured. Then i attempt to configure the vol+ button and followed the same steps but when it says it is defined. The vol- button is no longer highlighted.

2. I attempted to use the ezconnect app to connect to my Samsung Galaxy tab S3 via usb cable. When I click on connect android with usb cable, the app attempts to connect and then prompts me to enable USB debugging. I have that setting already enabled and clicked retry but I am only getting that message.

3. I also don't see a screencast feature under the display settings.

Thanks,

Gary

Jammy

Re: Model 11-RQ0255+Y0811 issues

Postby Jammy » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:07 am

Hi, about the steering wheel control, normally if you use the adapter to make your canbus steering wheel control work with our unit, you can learn at least four buttons, maybe the adapter between our unit and your car have problem, as you said, the unit can learn the buttons, but it only can learn one button. That's not our unit problem, you can unplug the decoder from the adapter and reset our unit check.
About the easy connected function, we have to tell that not all of the android phone can work with the easy connected on our unit. You can refer this tutorial for your reference.
About the screen cast feature, you can enter the settings-->ScreenshotSetting to set it, then you can find a screen cast icon on the top of the screen.
Regards

gggg602

Postby gggg602 » Mon May 02, 2016 5:11 pm

Thanks Jammy... The steering wheel control was hooked up without any modules. I finally got one of my phones to mirror to work but had to replace the easy connect app with a newer version. Still haven't seen the screencast option.

Another thing i have noticed is wifi tethering. I connect the HU to the my phone's hotspot. I noticedthat the wifi is connected. When i run Google maps and drive for about 30 mins... I noticed that the wifi is connected in the settingsbut the wifi signal is week signal appears really weak. No bars even though the hotspot device is right next to it. If i turn off wifi and reconnect, it will get full signal for another 20-30 min before signal becomes week again. Is there a setting to fix this?

Thanks for your help.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Thu May 05, 2016 9:05 am

Hi, about the screencast settings and wifi issue, you can try to install the update firmware for the RQ0255 to check.
Here is the link for you.
https://mega.nz/#!9EljVZRC!zcFhEMAcOUiI ... 8FVlT0sKuo
Regards

gggg602

Postby gggg602 » Mon May 09, 2016 5:08 am

Thanks Jammy...do you have instructions on how to flash the updated image and should anything go wrong is there a way to revert back to original image?

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Mon May 09, 2016 10:40 am

Hi, you can refer the below steps to check.
First you just need to download the firmware through your browser, normally it is just a single file with name “update.img”, just copy the file into an empty (micro)SD card, make sure the file is in root of the card.(ie, when you open the card, the file is directly located there), or you can copy the file into an empty USB stick.

Please turn on the HU to main menu, insert the (micro)SD card into the GPS slot of the HU or plug the USB stick into the USB cable, the HU will read it and automatically pop up an mini window of finding new firmware for updating, just click “Install” and wait, the HU will finish the process by itself.

If there is no mini window pops up, please go to setting--about machine to click system update option manually, then the mini window will show.
Regards

gggg602

Postby gggg602 » Sun May 22, 2016 5:20 am

Hi Jammy,

I installed the latest firmware from link above. Just so i am sure it was updated correctly. Can you tell me the version # of the firmware?

Also...i keep getting google play service is not working popup. I believe i am on the latest google play service. Version 9.0.82. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks for your help,

Gggg

gggg602

Postby gggg602 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:37 am

Hi Jammy,

My backup camera all of a sudden is showing yellow triangle and not getting and feed to it. It was working when i left the house and now it just stopped working. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks,

Gary

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:38 am

Hi,
Could you please first check if the unit will automatically switch to back image when you put your car into reverse?
It maybe the reverse detective wire is loosen or broken.
And please connect the yellow video signal RCA cable into the "video in" port, then click the AVin on the unit to check if the unit can get the image.
Regards

gggg602

Postby gggg602 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:56 am

Hi Jammy..i checked and it does automatically switch to the signal upon reverse. I took it back to the car stereo shop where i had it installed. They plugged in a new camera and it worked right away. It seems like the camera is defective. Is there a way to get a replacement camera? I purchased everything through amazon 6 months ago. Thanks...Gary

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Android System”