Front Camera. Where to connect?

Mainly focus on PUMPKIN Android/Wince Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo Issue

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
steliosh

Front Camera. Where to connect?

Postby steliosh » Thu May 16, 2019 10:35 am

hi!
I have my Android 7.1 unit (AS0374B) for six months now, and my installation is also on the Autpumpkin blog!
See here:
http://news.autopumpkin.com/customer-re ... uchscreen/

I Started being interested in adding a front camera, as well as the rear, which works perfectly, so far and checked the back of my radio:

I am happy enough to have three USB ports and I have used all three, as you can see in my review here:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=15090&p=29241#p29241

So... checking the back of the radio, I dont see any mention on the USB ports of a camera or anything else in that matter.
However, I bought a camera that goes into the front VW emblem, on the front grille and is not a USB one, but rather the usual RCA-style cable.
I understand how to connect it to give it power, but I'm not sure where the RCA-style cable goes on the back of the radio, and also what are the appropriate app to have it record, and maybe a small tutorial on how to use it. By this, I mean, is it possible to record on a USB stick, on an SD card, on the radio memory? And when that space is full, how it gets empty? Details like these would be very helpful!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jammy

Re: Front Camera. Where to connect?

Postby Jammy » Mon May 20, 2019 8:53 am

Hi there,

Thank you for your post.
DVR (driving recorder) can only use with USV, storage path can select SD card or USB, it will automatically cover when it is full.
Thanks.

Regards,
Jam

steliosh

Postby steliosh » Sat May 25, 2019 11:07 am

hi Jammy! Thanks for the good advice!

As I said, my camera is having just two red-black power wires and an RCA plug.
I noticed that there's also an AVIN app in the radio. So, I connected the RCA plug to the bundle of cables with a VIDEO-IN RCA plug (outside of the Can Bus connector) and then the camera power (+) to the CAM-IN cable of the same connector that is outside the can bus. I removed one screw from the back of the radio chassis and connected the (-) from the camera there, but there's no signal, either on the DVR app (expected, of course), but also not in the AVIN app...

Any suggestions on where to get power for the front camera from the back of the radio, please?!

Also... there's only one RCA marked VIDEO IN

My next idea is to find a USB video converter cable and try again, maybe!
Basically, I dont care really to record anything, but to just watch the front of the car, when I am parking, like I use the rear view camera... If I can also record, then that's a bonus for me!!!

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Mon May 27, 2019 6:27 am

Dear steliosh,

Please see the following steps:

1. connect the red-black power wires of front cameras to car's ignition wire and the negative of the power cable .

2. connect the RCA plug of the front camera to the VIDEO-IN RCA plug.

3.change to "aux in" model on your car stereo. In this way, it can show the front of the car.

Please be advised that cam-in can only be connected to the rear cameras.

Or you can purchase the item below to help you to set up:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Port-DVR-C ... 2143198943

steliosh

Postby steliosh » Fri May 31, 2019 12:25 pm

excellent! Thanks for the valuable info! I will come back with my findings!!!!!!!

steliosh

Postby steliosh » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:31 pm

so, It's done and it works!

I connected power for the camera from the fusebox. Then I connected the RCA plug to the V-IN plug behind the radio!

Finally when starting the AVIN application it shows:

How close is that to my neighbour's car?

yes, of course it does not work with the DVR rpogram, but then again, I just wanted to see how close I am at the front, when parking, using it like the rear view camera!

The camera is quite basic and the resolution is not the best, but it does what I want! Look how close I can park!

Job done!

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo”