Questions after having to update firmware.

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
droidman2018

Questions after having to update firmware.

Postby droidman2018 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:56 pm

All,

I had to update my firmware to deal with a few issues. Its all gone OK but I have a couple of questions.

1 - Apps are missing like Car Settings, Voice Search, Maps (not sure if there are more, where do I get the ones not in play store or are there specific versions that work with these units. I installed maps from playstore and its fine.

2 - I re-installed Waze but voice doesnt work now but did before (does it need voice search or some other app)

3 - Video playback in stock app has no sound when it was fine before upgrade (sound is fine in music, radio and spotify and havent loaded other video app yet.)

4 - Contrast seems worse on new firmware (all apps look washed in white and not the same colours in other phones and even on $29 Amazon fire tablet.) Auto / Dark and light mode settings dont help either.. Brightness range in fine but making it brighter makes dark colours more washed and lighter makes the bright colours cloudy and blend into each other. Looking at google maps there is no contrast from roads to off road and hard to read text as it looks light grey on white background. Have seen other devices with contrast settings that would help.. Is this in a hidden menu in 03304 ?

5 - Buttons like the home button need to be pressed twice to do what you need. Is this normal ?

6 - New reversing screen isnt an improvement with a bigger NO SIGNAL message and smaller sensors car image. Why does it expect a when I dont have one. Can it not just show the sensors. Instead of NO SIGNAL just show the sensors.

7 - This is more of a question. I have a USB stick with video but in the stock app when I click on the usb it shows no videos available. How do you force the stock video app to search the usb drive for media ? not many settings on it.

Amazon ORDER # 206-3183260-5396315

Jammy

Re: Questions after having to update firmware.

Postby Jammy » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:51 am

Hi,
sorry, i heard that our customer service contacted you.You can keep comunicate with her.
Regards

droidman2018

Postby droidman2018 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:07 pm

Thanks for the reply Jammy.

Most issues are nearly sorted by the support team. ;) ;)

The one I have the most issue with is the contrast.

The screen at any setting is very hard to read as the text blurs into the background.

See how the colours and contrast is so different..

See in the attachments where the pumpkin is way different to my $29 kindle fire or mine or my wifes phone.

I have tried every setting I can find but not making much difference.
In the drivers seat its impossible to read any text when the kindle in the same position is easily readable.
See especially the difference in the MAPS attachment.

I see in older cheaper pumpkins seem to have contrast adjustment but mine doesnt , why the change ?

This cheaper Pumpkin 7 inch Double Din Android 7.1 Universal Car Stereo/Radio/Audio
Screen:
Screen Size: 7-Inch Digital Screen
Resolution: 1024*600
Capacitive Touch Screen (5 points)
Image Brightness /Contrast/ Color Adjustable

Thanks for the help or if others have apps or tips to solve this..

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:11 am

Hi,
sorry about this incompability of this kind of app.
Regards

droidman2018

Postby droidman2018 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:44 pm

Sorry @Jammy.

I dont understand your reply as there is not any detail on it.

Are you saying sorry that the unit doesn't look properly with any playstore app ?

Thats some statement for an android device.

Do some of the pumpkin devices have a contrast option and some not ?

Is this relevant to my issue ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qLBTBYiOGE

In its current state its not usable for a primary so please make some attempt to help with this issue.

Should I look to return the unit to Amazon UK ?

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:38 am

Hi,
in fact after i saw your post ,i contact the our customer service in amazon shop. She checked this app again in the same model and find the same issue with you.It is the app compatibility problem.
In addition,the video you attached does nothing to your issue.
More query ,you can contact the customer service where you bought the unit or directly write post to support@autopumpkin.com .
Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Android System”