Installation of new apps impossible from Google play store on Android 6.0 device

Welcome to share your installation experience and ideas on those car radio dvd gps stereo device

Moderators: Jammy, admin

Jerry_R

Re: Installation of new apps impossible from Google play store on Android 6.0 device

Postby Jerry_R » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:48 pm

Hi Klaus, now that you mention it.... It certanly looks like paid apps are a problem:

- Osmand+ Navigation: won't install. (paid app I bought from the store)

- 3G Watchdog Pro won't install (paid app I bought from the store)

- 3G Watchdog Free installs fine (same data size as the pro version)

- Sygic Navigation installs fine, this is a paid app but there is a difference: in the Play Store it's not listed as an app I bought, but it needs an install code after installation has completed. (In-App purchase)

I will test some more apps later and will post the outcome here as well when I get home

P.s. CPU and memory can't be an issue with this new 'Quad Core' device, all the apps I mentioned work fine on my old Galaxy S3 from 4 years ago...

Jerry_R

Re: Installation of new apps impossible from Google play store on Android 6.0 device

Postby Jerry_R » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:55 pm

Okay after some extensive testing I can confirm that NONE of the Android Apps I purchased from the Play Store can be installed.

Osmand Navigation Free installs just fine, 30 mb. Osmand+ which I purchased won't install, both apps are the same data size.
Purchased app install fails and shows the same error as mentioned.

Further apps I tested:

- Tasker Pro: won't install
- mSecure Password Manager: won't install
- Blue Iris: won't install
- InstaWeather Pro: won't install
- tinyCAM Monitor Pro: won't install
- Torque Pro: won't install
- Winamp Pro: won't install (this app is even less than half a megabyte!)

So it seems clear that this image has a serious bug that needs to be fixed soon.
Mister Jammy: please work your magic with the manufacturer/tech guys

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:04 am

Hi,
After feedback the apps issue to manufacturer tech guys, they said that they need a video about the problem to help them analyze.
If it's convenient for you, would you mind take the video and upload it to youtube, then send the link to us? Hope your understanding.
Or you can directly send the video to our customer email box "support@autopumpkin.com"
Regards

KaMu

Postby KaMu » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:17 pm

Ok, here is the video: https://youtu.be/01IjB9g-lcg

Installation of Torque Lite works, installation of Torque Pro (paid version) fails.

It's not because of the file size and doesn't happen only with that app.

Regards
Klaus

Postby 1001 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:18 am

Thats a big failure for the new product :/
I want to buy AQVW71, but i have purchased Sygic Pro and blitzer.de plus too.
If i cant use blitzer.de, why i buy a android unit :s

Please fix this problem. I will buy AQVW71. But i wait a little time, even the engineer of AQVW71 find a solution for this problem.

And why we can only use the internal memory ? If i install sygic europe, i have to download maps about 1 gb. But where to download it ? Why the nice AQVW71 is failured from mistakes :/

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:52 am

Hi,
I have tested the blitzer.de app, and it could be installed and used on our unit.
You can check the below attached picture.
The app compatibility have relation with the version and CPU of the unit.
2.png
2.png (394.84 KiB) Viewed 2547 times

1.png
1.png (572.79 KiB) Viewed 2547 times

Regards

Postby 1001 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:50 am

Jammy, thanks for your feedback.
But blitzer.de app is freeware. blitzer.de plus is not freeware.

And the topicstarter says every paided app could not be installed :/

Riddik

Postby Riddik » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:10 pm

Same with me- you Pumpkin guys really should fix this fast. :evil:

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:44 am

Hi all,
Sorry for the late reply due to the weekend.
The issue had been submitted to the factory tech and developer.
Any news about the issue, I will post it here.
Before this, hope you can use the similar function app or the free version.
Really sorry for the inconvenience brought to you.
Regards

schiller

Postby schiller » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:09 pm

Hello all,

any news relating this bug/issue? I bought the same device but haven't install it yet. If it will not be possible to install any Pay-Apps the Radio it will not be suitable for me.

Thanks for the reply and greetings,

Schiller

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo”