Installation of new apps impossible from Google play store on Android 6.0 device

Welcome to share your installation experience and ideas on those car radio dvd gps stereo device

Moderators: Jammy, admin

Jerry_R

Re: Installation of new apps impossible from Google play store on Android 6.0 device

Postby Jerry_R » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:45 am

Jammy,

That is total bullshit. If I buy an App from Google play, I am legally allowed to install that same purchased app on all my Android devices. That is the way it works on both my Android phones, my Android tablet, and several test devices I use for my work. All can install the same Android Apps like Osmand+
The only App that has a limitation is Sygic, I an allowed to install that on 'just' 5 devices.

The ONLY device that refuses to install the Apps I payed for is the Pumpkin head unit. And that's a bug, not a restriction from Google.

You people obviously have no knowledge from Android at all. I am removing the head unit from my car and I will buy something that actually will work. I am NEVER buying Pumpkin again and I will NEVER reccomend anyone I know to ever buy one.

Delete my posts, delete my account, I don't care. I am DONE with this rubbish device and the people who refuse to support it and who refuse to trust the Android knowledge of their PAYING customers.

Jammy

Re: Installation of new apps impossible from Google play store on Android 6.0 device

Postby Jammy » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:59 am

Hi,
Sorry for our poor knowledge about the Google play store.
In past time, due to the internet limitation, there is few chances for us to test the apps from Google play store, the results are just from the factory technician.
Recently, with the IT staff help, we get a special wifi which can directly download the apps from Google play store, so we can do more software or apps testing and confirmation.
I believe when you do a factory data reset or a system update in another unit which is not from us, it will also delete the installed app.
And that's not a serious or even not a problem, as you can see from other clients, they can download and install the paid apps without problem, just use a work-around way.
I can not stop you return the unit and buy other sellers unit, but please calm down, we are honest seller, and we are trying to provide you positive solution.
Regards

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:12 am

Hi,
The new update firmware for VW android 6.0 is provided by the factory, here is the link.
If you have the problem about the new pay apps impossible from Google play store, you just need to install it to solve it.
https://mega.nz/#!sFVnkTbS!JGeNoPdUWt6C ... eaWnvssMmw
Please download the update rar file through your browser, unzip it, then open it and copy the two folder in the root inventory of the unzipped update file. Please use a USB stick to copy the two folder like the below attached picture, then plug the USB stick into the rear USB cable.
1.png
1.png (4.15 KiB) Viewed 3403 times

Power off the unit and turn on it again or just press the RST hole to start the update process.
Regards

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:20 am

Hi,
Yes, this new update firmware is also for AQVW71.
Please download and install it to solve the Google apps issue.
Regards

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:37 am

Hi,
For the radio station, the preset radio station will be deleted after flashing the unit. please search the radio station again.
And you can go to the Car settings--Factorysettings(1617)--Radio Settings to select the Rds switch.
Please don't change any factory settings options without our instruction, otherwise it may bring other problems.
For the German language translation, sorry about this. The factory technician and developer said that there were some difference between the software translation and the native language, it's a hard work to make all the language translation perfect. Hope your kind understanding.
Regards

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:58 am

Hi,
Sorry, I forget to tell you that the radio area is related to the RDS function, so please go to the Settings to check if the radio area is right.
And there is a more or less risk of causing other problem after updating the android system.
If the AF and TA is still not shown, you can try to install the old original firmware to check.
Here is the link for you.
https://mega.nz/#!UBdn3a4S!CMG4rPasag2Z ... REdFsxlroI
Sorry for the inconvenience brought to you.
Regards

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:23 am

Hi,
You can go to the CarSettings--Radio to find the radio area, not in factory settings, here is an attached picture for your reference.
radio area 2.jpg
radio area 2.jpg (70.86 KiB) Viewed 3324 times

Regards

braddman1

Postby braddman1 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:44 pm

Can anyone confirm this fixed the issue?

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo”