RQ0264 - Slow - BT Off - DAB+

Welcome to share your installation experience and ideas on those car radio dvd gps stereo device

Moderators: Jammy, admin

Impetuz

RQ0264 - Slow - BT Off - DAB+

Postby Impetuz » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:59 am

Greetings Pumpkin
Bought this item RQ0264 from Amazon Order: 203-1638736-1768320

There seems to be some problems with it tho.

Slow
Slow would be an understatement, if i hear music/radio and open google chrome browser, the unit becomes, more or less unresponsive for 2-5 mins, this allso goes for the volume nob, and buttons on front.

Bluetooth
I got my phone paired, but after that, i cant pair other items, all programs says bluetooth is turned off, in this case im using the compatible OBDLink MX, and its program, but it keeps asking if it can turn on bluetooth, and then nothing happens.
Allso in the bluetooth menu, i cant choose it to be on/off

DAB+
When i connect my DAB+ module allso from the same amazon order, nothing happens, nothing comes up, nothing shows, even tried the guides for it arround, but it seems it doesnt even see the DAB+ module

Worst of all is the slowness of the thing, this is a brand new item, with better cpu/ram than my Android TV stick, and yet it is so much slower than it is?

Whats wrong here, im sure this is not the way its suppose to be? :)

Regards
Ronni

Jammy

Re: RQ0264 - Slow - BT Off - DAB+

Postby Jammy » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:17 am

Hi,
For the run slow problem,you can try to recover the unit to factory settings.
For the bluetooth problem,our unit support connect to a phone and an OBD at the same time.I don't know which kind of OBD you use.So could you mind record a video about this problem?
For the DAB problem,you can connect it referring to the following post.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=290
Regards

Impetuz

Postby Impetuz » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:59 pm

Attachments
obd.jpg
obd.jpg (14.79 KiB) Viewed 6782 times

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:56 am

Hi,
sorry for the late reply.You can try to install the Torque app pr OBDLink app in your phone and connect to your OBD .If the OBD also can not connect to your phone,you may need to change an OBD.
For the DAB weak signal problem,I suggest you install the DAB antenna according to the DAB manual.If the signal still very weak,you can contact the customer service to change one.
Hope your feedback.

Impetuz

Postby Impetuz » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:16 pm

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:53 am

Hi,
Regarding the problem of the bluetooth problem and dimmer problem,please show us a video .I will ask the engineers for help.
For the radio stations problem, you can try to turn the AF funciton off.
Regards

Impetuz

Postby Impetuz » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:46 am

Reboot Problem
Over the past week, i noticed the unit does this cold reboot, even tho set to 30 mins standby, it does show up, but then reboots anyways.
This video is me, turning the off, and on, with setting set to 30 min standby
[youtube=]https://youtu.be/NPA72w9KwXI[/youtube]

Picture of the setting at the time of video

Dimmer
Here a video of the dimmer problem, everytime i turn on ignition, it dimmers down, my car is under EU regulations, therefore it turns lights on, when ignition is turned on, or engine started.
Problem here is not so much an error, but the lack of option to turn dimmer funtion off (or at least i havnt found it anywhere in the options)

[youtube=]https://youtu.be/3MjfXWenXGs[/youtube]

Bluetooth Turned off Problem
In some apps, like ODBLink im using here it shows BT turned off, and trys to turn it on, but it cant, even tho my ODB unit is pairred correctly
I tried with Torque allso, after a few trys where nothing showed up, one did popup in form of a xx.xx.xx.xx.xx network code.

[youtube=]https://youtu.be/7rWgsuYi23c[/youtube]

Unit slow
After a few weeks of just using it, unit is still slow, to the point from when i start, to when im actualy able to just adjust the volume, can be anything from 5 to 10 mins.
This is so slow i would call it unaccepable slow, even a 5 year old smart phone is faster than that :-(

Why the radio suddenly forgets all radio stations, i have no idea, its completly random, it happed 1 time this week, but 2 times last week.

Impetuz

Postby Impetuz » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:26 pm

Concidering the slow of the unit, perhaps this is the reason

https://imgur.com/a/0IT5i

https://imgur.com/a/BqexE

No.2 core never wakes up, i would guess it doesnt work?

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:15 am

Hi,
thank you very much for so many video.They are very helpful.
For the problem of the dimmer,it is normal when you turn on the car light and the dimmer turn down. You can cut off the "ill" wire(orange) to avoid this.
For the OBD problem, it seems that the OBD isn't from us,so we don't sure its compatibility.Our OBD doesn't suffer such problem that require to turn on the bluetooth.Maybe you can consult the OBD seller.Hope your kind understanding.
For the cold boot problem and slow running problem,you can try to flash the following firmware.
https://mega.nz/#F!cd1XEQBT!bpFEJtpzJBgi0mYQEWukNA
Hope your feedback.
Regards

Impetuz

Postby Impetuz » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:53 am

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo”