E53 canbus not triggering Reverse Camera View or illumination

Mainly focus on other Accessories issue

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
elcoyote189

E53 canbus not triggering Reverse Camera View or illumination

Postby elcoyote189 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:46 pm

Hello I am having a problem with my bmw e53 the I have connected everything and almost everything works including the steering wheel controls, but when it comes to reverse it doesn't do nothing and the illumination feature is always on.

I have already made sure the reverse trigger on the radio works by triggering it with a 12 volt source

Jammy

Re: E53 canbus not triggering Reverse Camera View or illumination

Postby Jammy » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:56 am

Hi, could you please tell us more details about the unit? such as the purchase link or the order number?
We need this information to help you check and give you accurate and good solution.
Regards

elcoyote189

Postby elcoyote189 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:53 pm

I bought my radio in amazon Order # 106-4473339-9741823. My car is a x5 2006 3.0I e53

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:14 am

Hi, could you please check if the reverse trigger wire from our power cable is right to the position of your original reverse trigger wire?
According to your description, it's possible the reverse trigger wire and the illumination wire from our power cable is reverse to connected to your original wires. The orange with black track wire is the reverse trigger wire and the pure orange wire is the illumination wire.If you don't know the reverse trigger wire and illumination wire position, you can send email to our customer service email box: support@autopumpkin.com
We will give you more details instruction and help you solve the problem.
Regards

elcoyote189

Postby elcoyote189 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:18 pm

I did this even flipped them around to see if the worked. Orange with black stripe from the canbus to the solid orange in the radio and solid orange from the canbus to Orange and black stripe of the radio and still nothing worked.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:32 am

Hi, after feedback your issue to the factory, they said that maybe the reverse wire is not built in the canbus box, you can check if there are two Reverse In wire, if is, please connect them. If not, you may need to cut the orange reverse trigger wire and connect it to the reverse light positive pole.
We will send two pictures for your reference via email, hope some help.
Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Accessories”