Android 6.0 Unit - no id3tags in ALAC/FLAC files

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
DaFlow

Android 6.0 Unit - no id3tags in ALAC/FLAC files

Postby DaFlow » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:11 pm

Hello,

The default Music Player doesnt read the id3 tags from ALAC or flac files stored on a USB Stick.
although i am happy that it plays the files fine, it also doesn't sort them by name, so even with tracknumbers in the Name it plays an album like in shuffle Mode.
Album Art isn't supposed to Show up right?

I could use another player, Kodi reads the tags fine, but i understand i can't change the default player, right?

Could that be or have already been fixed in an Update?

Thanks,
Florian
Attachments
IMG_0026.JPG
IMG_0026.JPG (448.34 KiB) Viewed 1343 times

Jammy

Re: Android 6.0 Unit - no id3tags in ALAC/FLAC files

Postby Jammy » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:14 am

Hi,
Sorry for the trouble caused.
Could you please first tell us your order number?
Regarding the id3 tags from ALAC and FLAC files, the default music player may do not support the id3 tags display.
And this unit can not support to choose the music player when you open the file from USB or sd card, sorry about this.
You can first open the default or third party music player, then choose the file to play.
Regards

DaFlow

Postby DaFlow » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:40 pm

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. The order number is 500001242.

Can you, i don't know, set it on a list of things to be fixed or a wishlist for future updates?
The default player with the auto start/continue and the widget on the home screen is very nice. Loading another app and so forth doesn't meet my wife's requirements, the so-called SPAF :), and i am an audiophile guy and want my lossless audio.

It would be enough if the player would, if no id3tags are found, sort by filename.
Anyway, thanks again, regards,
Florian

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:42 am

Hi,
The user experience will be listed and submitted to the factory tech and developers.
Sorry for the bad experience about the lossless audio.
If you don't mind, you can choose to play lossless audio via bluetooth on your phone.
Regards

DaFlow

Postby DaFlow » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:19 am

Thanks,

id3tags of any .m4a files can't be read. I tried AAC codec, and it does not work too.

Regards,
Florian

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Android System”