Switch landscape/portrait mode

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jsedano

Switch landscape/portrait mode

Postby jsedano » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:42 am

Hello,

I have bought this device (https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B01FRVHMNO) and I am very happy with it. However, while evaluating different offline GPS applications I have found a problem with Here WeGo (https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... e.app.maps): it fails to operate properly when it is running in landscape mode. The bug only affects the "settings" window, not the main views: the settings view is shown empty. See screenshot attached (sorry, they are in Spanish, but I bet you can guess what is what by the icons).

Screenshot_2016-12-04-12-29-59.png
Screenshot_2016-12-04-12-29-59.png (380.1 KiB) Viewed 2163 times

Screenshot_2016-12-04-12-29-45.png
Screenshot_2016-12-04-12-29-45.png (79.32 KiB) Viewed 2163 times

Of course, the application developer is probably to blame (I am also reporting it to them), but in the meanwhile: is there a way to force the Pumpkin device to operate in portrait mode? Obviously, it would be unusable if the problem where found in the main screens, but in this case, if I where able to force portrait, change settings, configure, force landscape again and use it as usual... that would be more than enough.

Any idea?

Regards,
J

Jammy

Re: Switch landscape/portrait mode

Postby Jammy » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:08 am

Hi,
For the Here WeGo map, at first, I have to tell you that there is not a landscape switch mode on our unit, not like the android smartphone.
As you known, some factors need to be considerate when you install a third party app, such as the screen resolution, the unit android version and the app developer limitation.
You can use the Here WeGo map on your smartphone, then use the Mirror link function on our unit to display the landscape mode from your phone to our unit, hope you can have a try.
Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Android System”