RQ0278 - Android 5.1 unit, AF radio not working

Moderators: Jammy, admin

pimpkin_user

Re: RQ0278 - Android 5.1 unit, AF radio not working

Postby pimpkin_user » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:33 pm

Hello Jammy,

also I have this problem of a non-functioning AF function.
Since I'm not the only one, is it either a design error in the hardware or a software error?
I very much hope it is a software error. So at any rate you can not sell this device.
The first device I have already sent back. I already have the second device. This is the same error.
My device has the last December 2016 Android firmware and MCU with the last 2.04 firmware.
It is impossible to hear normal radio. I very much hope that soon there will be a solution.

My order to at Amazon.de is: 303-1965524-8954746

Thanks in advance
pumpkin_user

ziomario

Postby ziomario » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:40 am

Difficult to take a video during the issue occur!

I try to explain better:
1st problem, AF: since lot of years, all FM radio tuners with AF function inside had been able to automatically change the tuned frequency according to two different things, signal level and alternative frequency list trasmitted by broadcaster through the RDS digital signal modulated inside the FM signal. When the level of the tuned frequency goes below a specific thereshold the system would automatically try to select another frequency belonging to the transmitted list. Last FM tuner are manufactured with a double tuner in order to be very quick and without any interruption during the frequency change. AF functionality as described below seems absent in our RQ0278.

2nd problem, RDS: the RDS is a extra digital channel modulated inside the FM channel, it contains some information like the name of the broadcaster, some publicity spots, traffic announcement (TA), kind of broadcast (PTY) and finally the list of the alternative frequencies (AF). Apparently TA and PTY has a nominal behaviour in our RQ0278, not the AF!

I see two wrong situation:
1) a channel is selected and is working perfectly with his RDS information. The car move so the channel level become poor, I sistemtically observe that the tuner starts very late to search another frequency, it scan all the band and never find an alternative, it become again in the original poor level frequency. In addition, after the scanning, it lose forever the name of the broadcaster!

2) the radio is turned on in a different town, some broadcaster are stored in the 18 memories and one of that is selected but the frequency do not correspond: normally all RDS tuners start a scanning searching for the selected broadcater, not our RQ0278!!! As described below it start the scan, it find nothing corresponding and it lose the stored broadcaster forever!!!

I personally think that the Radio app is fully bugged and needs to be debugged deeply, I don't care is an hardware problem because the chip used are quite common to other brands!

I hope to be enough clear!

Thanks

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:11 am

pimpkin_user

Postby pimpkin_user » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:05 am

Hallo Jammy,

I do not understand what should be useful if I should install the same firmware over it again.
I did it anyway. The error is, as expected, still there but now the DAB+ App and the Torque app is no longer there. :shock: :x
Where can I get these now?

User ziomario has described everything very well in his post and nothing needs to be added to the error description. Also as regards the the AF function and the relation with my local alternative FM radio station

Why is a radio with AF and RDS sold when you can not check the functionality? :cry:
The RQ0278 is not a bad device with many good functions. But if I buy a device with RDS radio, I would also like that the RDS radio works.

best regards
pumpkin_user

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:18 am

Hi,
For the DAB+ App and the Torque app, you can reinstall them again through the below download link.
https://mega.nz/#!Qc9glCpB!lcl9Wa25LYd5 ... SjRscqjlG4
https://mega.nz/#!ZUVl1QAL!B4hk09ceQW06 ... vZwqKj4fTk
For the AF function, the RDS tuner module inside the FM tuner of the unit may have a bit defect which lead the AF function work not so stable, I will try to explain the AF function problem to the factory technician and developer.
Once there is an improvement or solution, we will give it to you here. Sorry for the bad experience about the AF function.
Regards

ziomario

Re: RQ0278 - Android 5.1 unit, AF radio not working + fast boot + mic level

Postby ziomario » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:44 pm

Hi to everybody,
in addition to the AF problem as already explained, my unit suffers also of 2 more issues:

1st) cold boot / fast boot : it is a minor problem but in any case the behavior is not as expected! Normally the unit takes 30/40 seconds to boot except few minutes after de ignition key turned off, in that phase it takes few seconds. The yellow/red wires are well connected to the car plant in fact all the settings remain ok each time.

2nd) poor voice calling output level: the voice level is too low to be considered acceptable by the listener. For the moment I used only the incorporated microphone but I heard a lot of customer of Android units suffering by this problem. Some people found a solution but not for all the units.

According to my feeling, all the issues I found seem related to the MCU that need to be investigated deeply in order to solve the situation hopefully releasing a new SW version.

Please Pumkpin to speed up the solving process

ziomario

Postby ziomario » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:08 am

Hi Guys,
is there anybody outhere? The situation is not solved, please to give quickly a feedback, we paid fresh money!!!!

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:03 am

Hi,
A new update firmware will be available soon.
Once we get it, you can install it to check.
Sorry for the long waiting time.
Thanks for your kind understanding.
Regards

pimpkin_user

Postby pimpkin_user » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:35 pm

Hello jammy
The update did not keep what was promised.
- Fastboot does not go
- Radio still does not work
- dab app app hangs up and breaks.

When is a working update to be expected?

Slowly I really lose out of patience. :(

greetings
Pumpkin_user

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:01 am

Hi,
Sorry for the late news update.
Regarding your issue, the factory technician said that they hardly found the issue from their produced units, so they need more time to test.
We never send out the unit to our clients until they have been tested without any problem.
Hope you can wait for next week, if we could not provide you the new update firmware, you can contact our customer service to return it back for a replacement or refund.
Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Android System”