CN03-03101B-01A-DE Installation questions

Moderators: Jammy, admin

mantamanta

CN03-03101B-01A-DE Installation questions

Postby mantamanta » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:04 pm

Hi

Dear Support,

Upfront I want to point out, that I am really happy about the product.

I bought this unit at Amazon last week and have several questions to the installation:

1. I have installed the device in a VW Caddy 2k from 2005.
The unit turns on with ignition on and turns off when the Key is pulled, like the Original VW Head unit. So far so good. However it is not possible to turn the unit on with ignition off like with the factory radio from VW. How can I solve this?

2. I installed the GPS antenna in a Central position under the wind shield and even though it takes 5 minutes sometimes to find Mythos correct location. Somtimes there is an offset of several up to 20 meters when driving, so google maps navigates wrong. In contrast to this, my iphone displays my Position on the map correctly. How can this be solved?

3. The Button lights should be on all the time the unit is turned on. In the forum, I found the solution for this with the factory settings password "126". Does this work for my unit of is tjere a different fix?
Attachments
IMG_4166.PNG
IMG_4166.PNG (571.92 KiB) Viewed 3176 times
IMG_4162.JPG
IMG_4162.JPG (2.18 MiB) Viewed 3176 times
Last edited by mantamanta on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

stedon81

Re: CN03-03101B-01A-DE Installation questions

Postby stedon81 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:37 am

Hi mantamanta,

coincidentally I have bought the same radio few days ago at Amazon, and I also have my problems with it.

I can at least help with item 3:
There's a setting for the button lights in the factory settings. For this radio, you can access the factory settings by using the code "3368" (see also the manual).

To your item 2:
I didn't have a chance yet to test the positioning of the navigation. I now placed the GPS antenna behind the glove box, hoping that it has a better reception there. Waiting for more extensive testing. From what I've heard, the GPS antennas usually need 10-15 minutes in standstill for their first initialization and search for satellites (subsequent initializations should be faster).

To your item 1:
As far as I read, none of the after-market radios are capable of switching on without ignition, unless you change the wiring of the cable harness (which is in this case not easily possible). This is true for most of the radios, no matter whether they are from pumpkin or other manufacturers. In theory, this radio should be capable of doing it, as it could listen to the ignition signal on CAN, though...
@Pumpkin: Do you plan such a feature in future?

My question:
My biggest problem with this radio is currently the 3G functionality. I have inserted a SIM card (with deactivated PIN) into the GSM cable, and while initially it worked, it suddenly only worked sporadically and finally stopped working. I am afraid that I have damaged the cable while installing it at a good place where the SIM card would be reachable.
Have you already tried the 3G feature? Is it working for you? Unfortunately, a trip to Heidelberg is a bit too far for spontaneous meetings (I'm from Nuremberg), so I would have asked you if I could check with your cable to see if mine is really broken...

Best,
Stefan D.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:51 am

Hi,
For the starting up problem,you just need to switch the key to ACC positon with ignition off and the unit is starting up.
For the GPS problem, you can first check your 3g net or wifi is OK,because google map is a kind of online map .And you can try to attach a wifi antennas to your unit.And if you need ,we can give you the offline IGO map.
For the button light problem,you can change parameter via factory setting with code "3368"
Regard

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:08 am

Hi,
For the 3g problem,you can try to change another 3g WCDMA card .If this don't help,please connect our custome service to change a 3g modem cable.
Regard.

mantamanta

Postby mantamanta » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:26 am

@Stedon81

Hi,

I googled around in Android Forums regarding this GPS issues with the unit. The issue seems to be related to the Android Version, People Report the issue with Lollipop while Android 4.4 should work. Surely nobody wants to downgrade their devices to an old Android Version.

There are mainly two settings, wich I tried and finally yesterday evening my GSP fix was fine.

1) Go to the GPS settings, the last menu entry is "Standort". In this setting you select "Device only". This means only GPS is being used to find your Location on the map.

2) You check the APN settings (this is in the "more" section of where the wifi is. There you go to "Mobile Networks" and click on "Access Point Names". Tap on the Name of the active entry and check the entries under in "APN Type". The correct entries are "default,supl". Please note that there is no blank between the comma and the words.

The setting for the button lights is done, so thank you for that :-)

3G works fine for me; I have ordered a 6GB Flatrate for EUR 14,99 at Sparhandy. It is in the telekom Network and works fine.

CU
Martin

mantamanta

Postby mantamanta » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:02 am

Hi Jammy,

thanks for your quick reply.

The issue with GPS seems to be solved, however I will check if the problem is still there in the next days and report here.

The workaround with the ACC position of the car key does not work, because the car switches on climate etc. and I do not want to leave the key in the lock when I am not in the car but the children. Sometimes they sit in the car to listen to music. They used to do this before because with the legacy VW radio it just worked without key. But that's really a minor problem.

A new issue is that the night mode is still too bright and even in the lowest setting for the brightness it is still not dark enough. This is also reported for different radios using the same MCU and user interface in other forums. I found apps in the play store to address this missing feature, but they take data from a sensor. Does the radio have a brightness sensor or will there be an MCU upgrade for this issue also?

Would you recommend an MCU Upgrade? For other pumpkin head units with the same MCU I have seen an Upgrade from March, 28th. My MCU Version is from March, 07th.

Thank you in advance for a reply.

KR
Martin

mantamanta

Postby mantamanta » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:56 pm

Hi

GPS Problem is still there. Position freezes in Google Maps as Sell as in scout Navigation.

Worked when the GPS status App is running. It is not accurate enough though.

Please help, GPS Must work.

Thanx
Martin

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:55 am

Hi,
For the starting up problem,we present can't carry out the function as you describe because the car radio would exhaust the power from the car battery and you might not start the car up next time when the key is pulled out.Hope your kind understanding.
For the interface light problem, this is factory setting so that we can't change.But you can long press the mute button or click on the light off button to switch off the light when you are listening.You can refer the follow picture.
QQ截图20170424104538.png
QQ截图20170424104538.png (499.17 KiB) Viewed 3200 times

For the GPS problem, you can change the GPS antenna place and check the GPS info when the Google map is freezing in scout Navigation. If the car can receive 3 or above satellites and show the position info, it is say that the GPS is normal. And if the GPS is normal,then might be Google map working problem.You can uninstall it and reinstall it .If you still have question ,could you mind provide a video to us ,because a video is convenient for us to understand your question and provide suit solution.
Regard.

mantamanta

Postby mantamanta » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:05 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfm5qtI ... ture=share

Here is the video; after start, there is no GPS fix.

This remains always no matter how long you ride.

I can See, there is GPS fix, when I start the GPS Info App, which is shipped with the device.

When I then switch back to google maps or waze, also those Apps have fix and work fine.

This behaviour can be seen in the video.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Wed May 03, 2017 6:35 am

Hi,
According to your video,the GPS is normal.
So it may be the internet problem.You can try to make the unit connected to WIFI hot spot .
Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Android System”