CN10-03201B-DE (Android 6): New customer and some issues

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
seltersonal

CN10-03201B-DE (Android 6): New customer and some issues

Postby seltersonal » Mon May 08, 2017 10:46 am

Hey guys,

i bought this unit CN10-03201B-DE:
https://www.amazon.de/PUMPKIN-Moniceive ... roduct_top

i have a couple of issues with that.

it's not easy to see which unit is a new one and which is an old one. I bought an android 6 with 1GB RAM but there are units with 2GB RAM but with an older Android system. I'm confused

Bluetooth tethering with internet sharing is not supported? Why??? Wifi Hotspot is not an option (Waste of includes Data volume). 3G Dongle could work but i need a extra 3G Sim (expensive). USB tethering would be the best option but see point three.

USB tethering doesn't work with my Android 6 smartphone. It fails at step "installing internet service" or something like that. And yes, i enabled the USB debugging stuff ;)

I read that there are some bootlogos for a couple of brand preinstalled. on my system it's not.

DAB+ is a pain. Why you didn't include the DAB+ function in the regular Radio APP.

without ignition it's not possible to turn on the radio. With the stock Radio it's possible.

How can i find new software update? For android and for the Apps. is the an 'over the air' solution?

thats it for the time
thanks annd regards
Last edited by seltersonal on Fri May 19, 2017 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Car: Golf 5 1k1 2007
Unit: CN10-03201B-DE (Android 6)

Jammy

Re: New customer and some issues with the CN10-03201B-DE

Postby Jammy » Tue May 09, 2017 2:37 am

Hi,
For the first problem, all kinds of the unit we sell is the new.Different units have different parameter or configuration.
For the second and third problem,sorry,i can't understand you problem well. Could you show us a short video about USB tethering and Wifi Hotspot problem.There still is not the Bluetooth tethering function in most smartphone or other Buletooth equipment i have known in China. I will be grateful if you show this function to me.
For the boot logos problem,you can enter extra settings,then click the logo setting.password is 123456.
For the fifth problem,there is still not DAB signal in China,so currently it is developing.
For the sixth problem,you can switch the key to ACC position without start the enginne.
For the seventh problem, the update version is used to solve some system bug or problem. If your unit need to flash to solve out the problem,we can give you the firmware.
Regards

seltersonal

Postby seltersonal » Wed May 10, 2017 9:58 am

so only 2 and 3 are relevant.

so for basics. I would like to share my internet from the Smartphone (Blackberry DTEK60) to the Radio. If i would like to do this with other devices, the normal way is to connect the smartphone via bluetooth and share the internet connection. In android 6 it called "Bluetooth tethering / Share internet with this phone" (free translation). so it seems that this is not working with your radios.

After this failed, i tried the USB and Wifi tethering with your app "easyconnect...".
I tried to make a video but it was tricky to do with one smartphone because the app Yiyia is starting all the time.

Another thing!
To get finally internet to my radio i bought es new prepaid simcard with 3G support (O2 and e-plus). I tried the "Huawai e303" and the "4G-Systems XS P14 Stick".
Both Stick's get connection to the internet which is visible on the top. But i don't get internet traffic to work.

Now i orderd your Stick (PUMPKIN 3G Dongle USB Stick Surfstick SIM Modem 7.2Mbps für Android Autoradio Moniceiver) but i guess i going to run in the same issues.

Is it so hard to get internet to the android system??? at the time it's really annoying.

But thank for your fast help so i give you a great credit for it.

seltersonal

Postby seltersonal » Thu May 11, 2017 8:54 am

got your 'official' pumpkin stick, tried it, and failed... now i have a good android radio which is offline... nice :cry:

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Thu May 11, 2017 10:15 am

Hi,
For 3G dongle problem,Please first make sure you get a 3G Internet WCDMA SIM card from your local, because our radio can only support 3G WCDMA signal.
You need to connect the 3G dongle to the rear USB port,and turn on the unit, wait about 3-5 minutes, then check if you can find the 3G signal icon on the screen.
If there still not 3G signal,you may need to disable the pin code of the SIM card.Here is a video for your reference.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUE4Rqmkei8
For the easyconnect app ,i don't know what is Yiyia and i don't understand your problem.Could you mind explain detailedly.
Regards

seltersonal

Postby seltersonal » Thu May 11, 2017 11:53 am

to Yijia... thats your app! The unit installed it automatically! So you should know what's happen.
I found some google hits with Yijia: http://news.autopumpkin.com/kundenmeinu ... n-rq0268e/
So, new try... Please let me know how i get internet on the unit with USB cable or bluetooth. Then i will check whats wrong.:
And please. No Android 5.X manuals.

3G:
of course pin is disabled.
I have 2 USB Ports and both are on the back. Both are hopefully the same (see screenshot port 1+2)
As I described i got a 3G signal and Icon with the e303 stick. with the pumpkin stick i don't get this icons.

it's pretty hard to find out whether the provider support wcdma or not... i tried 3 provider. vodafone, o2 and eplus... If these are not working, your radio is not supported here in Germany. But you guys sell this stuff here in Germany so you should give me the information which provider support your very restricted unit.
Attachments
pumpkin.jpg
Backside
pumpkin.jpg (310.92 KiB) Viewed 1718 times

seltersonal

Postby seltersonal » Fri May 19, 2017 1:34 pm

Problems still occur. Any tips?

Jammy

Re: CN10-03201B-DE (Android 6): New customer and some issues

Postby Jammy » Mon May 22, 2017 9:49 am

Hi,
sorry for the late reply for weekend.
For 3G problem,it might be your card problem.
did you contact the operator of your 3G simcard and confirm your card support to surf the internet noramlly?
You can try to change another simcard .
And please confirm you insert the card into 3G dongle correctly if your card is normal.
If all this do not help ,could you take some picture or a video about the problem.
We try to analyze the problem further.
Regarads

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Android System”