CN03-03101B-01A-DE positioning problems

Moderators: Jammy, admin

stedon81

CN03-03101B-01A-DE positioning problems

Postby stedon81 » Thu May 11, 2017 8:27 pm

(Following up to mantamanta's thread "CN03-03101B-01A-DE Installation questions", but with more concrete subject)

Hi,

I also have some weird positioning problems with this unit:

Problem 1: Sometimes, especially shortly after starting the guidance, Google Maps sticks to the current position. Usually, it takes a while until Google Maps reacts to position updates and guides correctly along the route. Usually I don't need to workaround it by starting the GPS Info app, but just have to wait some time (around 5 minutes). So it seems to be stuck and heal automatically after some time.

Problem 2: Within four weeks of usage, it happened 2 times already that the self-healing did not happen at all, not even after 20 minutes. Also ignition cycles and switching off and on the head unit did not heal the issue. Google Maps always sticked to the location where I was when I started the app, but the app didn't update the position. (Note: If I closed the app and re-opened it, it updated the position once, but then sticked to that location). The only way to heal this issue was to reset the unit (push reset button).

Problem 2a: Two times (exactly after the reboot in the above incidents), it happened that starting the Google Maps app extremely slowed down the whole system, such that even music playback stopped. Shortly after, the unit rebooted on its own.

Explanation/Possible Workaround for Problem 2/2a: At least in one of the incidents, I'm quite sure that this happened due to an ignition cycle (unit switched off and on again) during guidance. Expectation was, that guidance would resume, but instead, some Android base service for positioning seemed to be hanging and not properly responding anymore. If I opened the GPS Info app, no satellites were found anymore, although the unit had perfect reception some moments before on the same parking lot. As a workaround, I try to ensure that I quit the guidance (i.e. the whole Google Maps app) before I switch off ignition. This seems to help to not get the problem again.

Question: This unit has this special sleep mode to resume within 5 seconds. Is it possible, that the positioning service of Android is not properly paused or resumed? Is there an update to the software of this unit?

Best,
stedon81

Jammy

Re: CN03-03101B-01A-DE positioning problems

Postby Jammy » Mon May 15, 2017 3:35 am

Hi,
your analysis is quite credible.
I don't have a good recognize about android location service.
But many clients who bought our unit don't meet this problem.So you would better check your internet speed is normal for Google map is an online app which locations is influenced by the net. If you don't mind ,try to use some offline map app.
Regards

mantamanta

Postby mantamanta » Mon May 15, 2017 9:21 am

Hi Jammy,

I experience exactly the same issues like stedon81 describes with the same unit. The unit definitely has an issue with the GPS positioning.

KR
Martin

mantamanta

Postby mantamanta » Mon May 22, 2017 3:38 pm

Any Update on this?

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Wed May 24, 2017 10:10 am

Hi,
For GPS paroblem,you can try to reset the unit.
There isn't an update firmware now.
Regards

mantamanta

Postby mantamanta » Thu May 25, 2017 5:05 pm

Hi

According to this website upgrades of the android are available for units with the intel sofia chipset and MTCD MCU:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/androi ... g-t3533154

However I am not sure, if I want to test this.

KR
Martin

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Fri May 26, 2017 5:55 am

mantamanta

Postby mantamanta » Fri May 26, 2017 10:11 am

Hi Jammy,

thank you, this is helpful Information.

I will try the update you have posted and post result here. The other Options (different maps, antenna outside the car (even bought a new antenna), makes no difference.

What I did not test so far is the 3,3V in the GPS antenna connector.

KR
Martin

stedon81

Postby stedon81 » Sun May 28, 2017 7:33 pm

Hi Martin,

even if I doubt that it makes any difference - have you tried the offline navi app that Jammy proposed?
I haven't up to now (just can't believe that a GPS problem should be in any sense related to the GSM connection)...

Best,
stedon81

mantamanta

Postby mantamanta » Sun May 28, 2017 9:03 pm

Hi,

No, did not try offline apps at all. This is on my list, I have no W LAN in range and didn't want to download the iGo app with 3G.

I was curious and installed the android 6 image, which absolutely works with some issues, but I did. It make a clean install, so all my settings are still there, only some icons missing because the marshmallow image has a different launcher.

I will try a clean install at the next weekend. With Marshmallow
GPS was OK until, after 2 hrs driving, the GPS was lost completely and did not recover until a reset. Then everything was ok. Before it lost the GPS reception, navigation became worse from minute to minute, less accurate.

KR
Martin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Android System”