No rear sound

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jbonz

No rear sound

Postby jbonz » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:28 pm

I recently had Item # KD-C1403 installed in my 2011 Chevy Silverado. When I took it home I noticed there was no sound coming from the rear speakers. I took it back to the place that installed the radio and said there was sound. I checked and there was. This morning I got back into my truck and no rear sound again. I have gone in the field options and centered it, no rear sound, put it all the way to the rear and no sound at all. It seems like it works every once in awhile. The sound also sound real tinny and almost no bass. What is the power output for the head unit? Any advise?

Jammy

Re: No rear sound

Postby Jammy » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:35 am

Hi, could you please tell us if your car has original amplifier?
If is, please connect the blue AMP-CON wire from our power cable to your car amplifier control wire.
And please check if there is no sound from the rear speaker no matter what function you run.
We need to know more details to check and give you positive solution.
Regards

jbonz

Postby jbonz » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:10 am

My old unit was not the Bose system. I am assuming it does not have an amp. I had it professionally installed. They are claiming the head unit is at fault. Please let me know if you need any more I information.

jbonz

Postby jbonz » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:11 am

It also does not matter if it is the radio or an app.

jbonz

Postby jbonz » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:12 pm

The truck did not have a BOSE system. I am assuming that it would not have a stock amp then. I had it professionally installed and they are thinking it is the head unit. I have heard sound out of the rear speakers once, but no longer now. The radio seems to be all highs where as iHeart does have bass.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:06 am

Hi, sorry to forget ask your order number, it's very important for us to provide you best solution in the future.
After discussing your issue with our technician, he said that normally if the audio module on the mainboard had problem, you could not hear sound from all speakers.
Could you please test if the rear speaker wires have about 6V power supply?
Or you can connect the couple of the rear speaker wires to an external speaker to check if there comes out sound.
Regards

uudruid74

Postby uudruid74 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:46 am

Are the rear speakers connected to a power amp and the fronts direct? If so, don't trust the AMP CON wire on the head unit. It doesn't work, or maybe its just intermittent. Instead, use the car's ACC ON wire to turn on your amp. The only downside is that your amp will be powered up any time you have a key in the ignition, even if the head unit is off ... but how often is the unit off?

Also could cause extra drain when starting since the AMP CON wire would turn on the amp after the head unit finishes coming on, while ACC ON will turn on the amp immediately ... likely while you are still cranking the starter, but in practice, this isn't much of an issue. Its how I ended up connecting mine because of this issue.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Android System”