Bluetooth OBD2 On 24-MT0418-UK-A

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
purnellster

Bluetooth OBD2 On 24-MT0418-UK-A

Postby purnellster » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:22 pm

I recently purchased this radio for my Vauxhall Corsa 2010.

http://www.autopumpkin.co.uk/wince-car- ... -ipod.html

ORDER ID 203-0977525-5285134
purchased from amazon
email address is mark@markpurnell.co.uk

I have also bought an OBD2 Bluetooth Dongle (compatible with WINCE) from amazon, it came with drivers for WINCE, and multiple apps to install, though i'm after trying out hobdrive, a separate and somewhat better looking application.

I don't have a way of installing the applications (hobdrive http://hobdrive.com/) or even connecting to the OBD2 device via bluetooth, as it wants other phones/devices to connect to IT rather than have IT connect to other phones and devices, and my OBD2 dongle does not have an interface to do this with.

In theory WINCE should be powerful and smart enough to allow me to connect it to any blue-tooth device, and install apps, but the OS you've run the device on seems too locked down to install apps, or connect to apps without an interface themselves.

If I update the firmware, will this allow me to do the things i'm after? If not, do you have some sort of 'developer' firmware that will allow me to add icons, link them to commands, and such.

I just want a button that I can click to see my MPG/car statistics, it was a big point of me moving up to a touchscreen.

Jammy

Re: Bluetooth OBD2 On 24-MT0418-UK-A

Postby Jammy » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:17 am

Hi,
For the OBD2 Bluetooth dongle, the unit you bought MT0418 does not support it.
And as we know, almost all the aftermarket head unit with wince system don't support to install any apps, they come with window CE 6.0 version which can not perform like the other windows system on PC, hope your understanding.
You can choose connect the OBD2 Bluetooth dongle to your phone and get the MPG/car statistics.
Regards

purnellster

Postby purnellster » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:25 pm

I'm not really looking for an android head unit because of the slow boot times (10-20s), but it seems that wince head units don't provide the bluetooth or application functionality that i'm after, so I'm going to have to send it back.

Might get the android head unit, thinking about it at the moment.

I'll make some suggestions on an improvement to your firmware though, if you want to pass these onto the devs.

Modify the firmware's bluetooth panel, so that it can read and connect to visible Bluetooth connections, like a phone does
Modify the firmware so that applications can be dragged onto the SD card, and customizable main-menu icons can be mapped to these apps

Would make the unit absolutely perfect. I was very impressed with the rest of the kit otherwise, don't get me wrong.

purnellster

Postby purnellster » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:49 pm

I've recently bought a new slightly more expensive android head unit from you.

I also bought one of your DAB boxes for the unit, second hand though . The unit came with a damaged orange cable though.
Can you send me a replacement cable for the DAB box? If not, where can I get one?

http://prntscr.com/dczafg

http://prntscr.com/dczczs

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:34 am

Hi,
Could you please first tell us your new android head unit order number?
For the DAB orange cable, you can contact our amazon customer to get a new one for free, just pay the shipping cost.
Any assistance, you can also leave message here.
Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Wince System”