Rq0270e

Technical file download link of PUMPKIN device

Moderators: Jammy, admin

Marcaay

Rq0270e

Postby Marcaay » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:53 pm

Hi,
Is it possible to get the stock ROM for this unit?
I would like to have this as backup. After unboxing and first powering on the unit I had the problem that the device was not booting. Later on after many tries with reset combination it was starting. But my impression is that I should have the stock ROM in order to install it if needed.

Thank you in advance!
Marcaay

Jammy

Re: Rq0270e

Postby Jammy » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:09 am

Hi,
Sorry for the trouble caused.
You can get the stock rom from us in case if needed, here is the link for your unit RQ0270E.
https://mega.nz/#!8JsiSCQQ!FNkuiLAVDblW ... mm84UyJI_o
Before you install it, please contact us, we can give you more instructions and positive solution.
Regards

Marcaay

Postby Marcaay » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:33 am

Hi Jammy,
Thanks for the link. I will download it. I would appreciate some instructions for installation/flash procedure to get a stable ROM running.
Is there a recovery system on the unit installed, to make a backup of my system? That would be great to save a running and personalized system.
Additional question: I'm wondering why the Bluetooth audio is a seperated app and not selectable from the main Bluetooth menu?
Thank's a lot for your help *thumbs up*
Marcaay

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:11 am

Hi,
Sorry to forget tell us the instruction for the installation procedure.
When you power on the unit, press the power button and don't release, then use a sharp thin pen to short press the RST hole, wait for a few seconds, once there appear a dynamic picture, then release the power cable, the unit will automatically finish the procedure.
The unit will back to the original after a system recovery or the firmware installation.
The separated Bluetooth audio app may be the factory default design, I also have a little confuse. but I think it does not matter cause the Bluetooth audio works as it's supposed to be. hope your understanding.
Regards

Marcaay

Postby Marcaay » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:31 pm

Hi,
Thanks for answer, but I guess I don't understand the description.
The described procedure will generate a factory reset of the unit!? Or is it a special recovery menu?
How can I flash the firmware? Must I transfer the firmware rar file to a micro SD card and put it in the GPS slot?
I would appreciate a much detailed step by step description.
Thank's a lot in advance for your support.
Marcaay

chrisstavrou

Postby chrisstavrou » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:26 pm

Hi Marcaay,
for the comment of bluetooth:

i had also bought Pumpkin 7" 1024*600 Touchscreen Android 4.4 Quad Core ( RQ0270) which could be the same as the RQ0270E you bought.

If it is the same, then my opinion is that the Bluetooth implementation of this unit is quite custom, it does not allow 3rd party apps to use the Bluetooth nor there are any Bluetooth settings (as the default android) on the system level.

However, the bluetooth apps for telephone and music work ok with some limitations.

Hi Jammy,
I would be very grateful if the factory developers could try a different implementation on the bluetooth to allow 3rd party apps to be used.
Would it possible to check with them ?

Thanks
Chris

Marcaay

Postby Marcaay » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:25 pm

Hi Chris,

That's true. The well known Bluetooth settings from the Android smartphones are not available on this unit. Ok, its implemented in the special Bluetooth app and working so far for the standard use of a car radio.
But I would like to have an fusion of the Bluetooth App itself and the separated BT Audio.
I configured and use the "mode" key on my steering wheel remote, but it is not possible to select the BT audio.
I would also like to get some optimizations of functionalities, maybe combined with a software update to an actual Android system.

Thank's guys for support, information and experiance exchange!
Marcaay

Marcaay

Postby Marcaay » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:35 pm

Some additional question. I was researching in the net and reading something about flashing MCU version if the firmware should be loaded to the device. So in case of flashing firmware I would need the MCU file for that (R0HST16052800). Can I download it also from this source?
That would be great.

Thank's in advance,
Marcaay

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:33 am

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:47 am

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “File Download”