RQ0268 - Black screen after Firmware update

Technical file download link of PUMPKIN device

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
nicoco81

RQ0268 - Black screen after Firmware update

Postby nicoco81 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:29 am

Hello, i contact you for a problem on a 11-RQ0268E-US-A Unit ( order 100005724 the 8/30/2016) who is totally unusable as this time.

After longs hour of installation and configuration of the unit, OBD2 BT connector, SteerWheel Command, Reverse Cam... i have constated the twice boot probleme due to the OBD2 BT Interface.
So i have identified your forum annoucement for FirmeWare update on : viewtopic.php?f=18&t=723&p=2964&hilit=RQ0268#p2964 (Firmware link https://mega.nz/#!gJNlTbwI!y_9pJo2Cuu0H ... dDQjBo8Lf8)

After successful update firmware by SD Card, and a long "Droid Dance" at startup of the unit, i constat a new big problem :
Once time boot it's done, i've got a black screen, but all buttons seems work : volume, power..., and i can access to the radio and all function by the IR remote... but the screen is persistly black...
Apparently the same problem mentionned on this discussion : viewtopic.php?f=20&t=786&p=2944&hilit=RQ0268#p2944
So i've thinked to a software/firmware compatibility problem with the screen.

I've put a video to show the problem on : https://youtu.be/R1FoQpM3Pdk

I've try to install previous firmware you give on this discussion (https://mega.nz/#!oEkmDQbS!mLISMXaMt7OH ... qqZUFIFZYc) (by recovery mode - RST+PWR - my unit can't permit access menu...), but sames problems, with now a BIP sound each time i touch button.

Always on recovery mode, i've try 'wipe factory data...', 'install firmaware and errase Data...', but i've got always the same issue (black screen, but the buttons works).

Two another constated things :
- my steer wheel shortcut works again... (they not are supposed to be lost by reset factory and/or erase all? )
- by switching mode, i can found the 'Input EN' mode, because i've got a fast cam display on the top of the screen (very very fast... and go back to black screen)

So :
- do you dispose of original firmware of my unit, or better, a correct firmware for my unit with obd2 correction?
- is existing another way to restore initial configuration/firmware of the unit?
- On viewtopic.php?f=20&t=786&p=2944&hilit=RQ0268#p2944, Csewhite talk about necessary to update kld on 2.91 for new firmware support.
But i don't found any serious information about this. Can you tell us about?

thanks by advance for your help! and sorry for my approximate english...

regards. Nico

Jammy

Re: RQ0268 - Black screen after Firmware update

Postby Jammy » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:52 am

Hi,
Sorry for the trouble caused.
With respect of your constat, the android board or display screen maybe broken.
Normally the firmware update will not lead the black screen issue, and we tested the update firmware before sending to our clients.
If you don't mind, you can try to flash the MCU to check, here is the link for you.
https://mega.nz/#!YElSyAhK!qUmyJCjNHudQ ... 1zIx_xKsYA
I will discuss with our technician and try to find the best solution for you.
Regards

nicoco81

Postby nicoco81 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:54 am

Hello,
Thanks for your reactivity and for the mcu file.
I seems working, after install and reboot, i've got correct display on screen!
But new problem is coming : Factory setting seems not be applicable.
After the reboot :
- Factory settings has been reseted (exemple : Radio zone -> China, so the radio don't work for me in Europe)
- So I set some factory settings like : Radio Zone=Europe, Ford startup logo, force on the lightning of the touch...
- after apply and reboot, the startup logo is always the default one, the touch not light on, the radio don't work
- if i go to factory settings, my changement has been correctly keeped, but seems not applied...
- other functions seems work, music from usb, steer wheel commands... i dont have test Wifi connection

So i will to try to install the two differents firmwares i found on the forum for my unit, and tell you back the result.
However, if you can give me the exact and last firmware for my unit, it was be formidable!
But maybe, this comportement is more linked to the mcu update...?

Thanks again for your Help.
Nico

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:06 am

Hi,
After discussing your issue with the technician, the problem has relation with the MCU verison.
Here is the link of update MCU version MTCC KLD6 V2.97, you can try to install it to check.
https://mega.nz/#!FI9nXYjK!7Ms6pqWrj4bn ... q2EaCuxmds
If the factory settings still have problem, please take some picture about the application and others menu in the factory settings.
We will help you check and try to provide you best solution.
Regards

Csewhite

Postby Csewhite » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:48 pm

Factory settings pasword 126 radio settings to tef 6686 got same unit and same errors good luck

Csewhite

Postby Csewhite » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:07 pm

Also still double boots on 2.91 maybe the update 2.97 will fix the issue i will check it out

Csewhite

Postby Csewhite » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:20 pm

Can confirm that 2.97 also double boots

nicoco81

Postby nicoco81 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:16 pm

ok! all seems ok with the mcu 2.97 for my unit :
- Radio ok (thanks to Csewhite for the TEF6686 ref!)
- touch light ok (i had forget to put the 'B' for light color - default 'G' don't work for this unit)
- Start logo ok, if apply on 'animation one' type logo
- Wifi ok, Bluetooth ok, DVD ok, Reverse Cam ok, everything is ok!

Maybe this should be working too, with the mcu 2.91, since my last problems was probably linked to bads factory settings.

In all case, the double update firmware+mcu have permit to resolve some littles problems :
- double boot if OBD2 bluetooth is connected (it was the first reason of my udpate! yeaaah!)
- correctly poweroff after 30s when i power off the car (previously when i power on the car on the 30s the unit show the homescreen, then make a restart - probably linked to the OBD2 double boot bug...?)
- when my unit restart, she go back to the last activity prevously launched (i don't have this comportement on the initial config)
- on the last config, without plug the handbrake cable i could launch AV-IN or DVD without problem. Now i can't, it's more logically.

I link a picture of my version Info, for all practical purposes.
20160914_163601.jpg
20160914_163601.jpg (405.55 KiB) Viewed 8487 times

Can you say me if i dispose of the last firmware possible for my unit? If no can you give me the last one?

To finish :
- i am agree to other many users which ask for a download zone for firmware/mcu file. it should be a great idea!
- however i understand the fears of the pumpkin team of many users install bad firmware or mcu, but a dl zone should be avoid to users to dowload files found on the forum without to know if it's exactly the good ones
- in all case, a great thanks to the reactivity of the pumpkin team, and others users for their usefuls posts on this forums
- and again, sorry for my english...

Nicoco

Csewhite

Postby Csewhite » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:03 am

I can confirm everything works with 2.91 double boot still happens for me on both 2.91 and 2.97 ,unless i press reset button as you mention still not perfect but i believe this is a firmware issue but i agree it would be much less hassle to have a archive of firmwares and mcu files and updates for units but definitely needs a disclaimer for user damages

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “File Download”