RQ0278E - still having numerous problems

Frequently asked questions and answers

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ovi

RQ0278E - still having numerous problems

Postby ovi » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:11 pm

I've ordered a RQ0278E unit back in February and since then are having numerous problems. (Order number is 500001905 directly ordered via the autopumpkin website)

I posted several times in this forum and got a few firmware upgrades but they all didn't solve the problems I have with this unit

1. FM Radio reception quality is bad. I ordered an active FM/DAB+ amplifier/splitter which improved things a bit but there's still noise. Other car stereos don't have any problems with this car so I don't think the problem is with the car's radio antenna but rather with a poor RF part inside the radio.
It seems other people are also having lots of troubles with FM radio quality.

2. DAB+ with the external USB receiver also works very badly. The windscreen antennas don't work at all (tried two different). With the FM/DAB splitter and an external antenna DAB+ signal level according to the DAB+ app is very good but there are still a lots of hick ups etc. in the audio. Especially (and strangely) if the DAB+ app is running in the background!
I don't think it's because of bad DAB+ coverage here in the area. We're living in the Rhine Main metropolitan area near Frankfurt and generally have a very good coverage with FM/DAB+ so again I believe it's because the hard- (DAB+ box) and software just don't work well.

3. Auto AF doesn't work properly! It would randomly select a completely different radio station. Even if you turn AF off it will occasionaly turn itself on again (probably after a shutdown.. I'm not sure)

4. 3G network using a SIM card sometimes stops working (I get an exclamation mark in the status bar). Only a complete power cycle brings it back online which is REALLY annoying.

5. Generally GPS reception with the external antenna (which I placed directly under the roof liner) is good BUT often apps (like Google Maps) just stop getting GPS signal. However if I open a GPS status app I do have a lots of satellites and do have a good signal. It's just that other apps don't get these updates anymore. I'm pretty sure this is a software issue but the latest update I got didn't fix this. Also this issue is REALLY annoying. From a car stereo with android I expect that any android app using GPS just works!

So to sum it up, even the most basic functionality of a car stereo don't work in this product. I'm really very very dissappointed. I think both the hardware (RF parts, FM reception) and software (bugs, 3G and GPS hangups) are just badly engineered.

I already contacted support but they won't take the radio back for a full refund.
I would really like to keep the radio if these 5 points could somehow be fixed but I guess at least the first two points are hardware related...

kingmustard

Re: RQ0278E - still having numerous problems

Postby kingmustard » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:41 pm

ari1

Re: RQ0278E - still having numerous problems

Postby ari1 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:44 pm

I agree.There are many other, more valiant radii for that money. :roll:
Pupkin-RQ0278E

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Configuration”