Using Tasker to adjust screen brightness

Frequently asked questions and answers

Moderators: Jammy, admin

Rigattoni

Using Tasker to adjust screen brightness

Postby Rigattoni » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:30 am

Hi folks,

I´m running in a mystery problem using Tasker to adjust the brightness independant of the head lights.
In my former car units the tasker task was working fine so far but in my new AE027b-01B unit it doesn´t work at all.

I swichted off the brightness adjust settings in the Factory settings, stored the settings and rebooted the device.
Unfortunately this settings has no effect on Tasker automatic task. I expected to get the Auto Brightness to be switched off with this setting.

Seems that there is another hidden setting for Auto Brightness somewhere in the firmware which is not switchable...

Due to the fact that I nearly always drive with lights on, I am not able to adjust the brightness other than pulling down the top bar and use the slider at dusk and dawn. That makes no sense at all.

Please @Pumpkin, make the brightness responsible for Tasker.

Thanks a lot,
Peter

Rigattoni

Re: Using Tasker to adjust screen brightness

Postby Rigattoni » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:52 pm

Sorry... any news on it?

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:41 am

Hi, could you give me the link of the tasker app ,i will test it in our unit.
Reards

Rigattoni

Postby Rigattoni » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:51 am

THX.
Here is the official link: https://tasker.joaoapps.com/download.html for a trial version.
I personally use the paid version since 3-4 years now.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:03 am

Hi,
sorry , after i open the tasker app ,i don't know how to set it autobrightness as you want :) ? Could you show me an video ?
Regards

Rigattoni

Postby Rigattoni » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:34 pm

I added an import file. This is a part of other tasks, so I just exported the part which is not working.
If the folder structure does not exist, please create a folder named "Tasker" and a subfolder named "tasks" in root of the internal SD card.
Please store the attached Nightview.tsk.xml file in there.

Open Tasker and click on the "3 dots" top right on the screen.
There you should be able to choose Data --> Restore --> choose the Nightview.tsk.xml .

After that has been imported, you should see this task in the tab Tasks.
This task includes only 2 commands:
1. Switch off Auto Brightness (this is only to make sure that any Autobrightness known from smartphones with brightness sensor is switched off)
2. Set Display Brightness to Level 26 (This command should switch the brightness to any level wich is set in this command.)
3. Just open the task and press the small "arrow" button on bottom left.

...nothing more.

This task runs on each Android device I know, incl. my former Klyde 7" android car unit with Android 7.0 ... unfortunately not on my Pumpkin...

Nightview.tsk.xml.7z
(348 Bytes) Downloaded 117 times

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:21 am

Hi,
thank you for patient instruction . However , i tested it on our android 7.1 and android 8.0 unit ,and both fail to get the function.
Here is an video about my operation.Maybe you can find some wrong operation.
https://youtu.be/-VxeSB4d6lA
Regards

droidman2018

Postby droidman2018 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:35 am

@Peter,

I think it would be even better if you could turn off auto brightness manually in the settings.

The issue I have is that I have auto wiper and auto lights so if it rains during the day the wipers come on then the lights come on.

This brings on the lights on the head unit and dulls the screen.

Thats fine at night but during the day its hard to read the screen.

Would prefer if I could set auto brightness manually.

Rigattoni

Postby Rigattoni » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:56 am

@Jammy:
sorry that I forgot to tell you, that you need to unpack the 7z-file... I had to zip it before uploading, because the forum did not accept the file itself.

Edit: Do it just simpler...
You don´t have something in Tasker just now... but you are able to make a backup of it.
Choose the GPS card, and save the file in the former created folder structure /Tasker/tasks

Just unpack my file and store it in there.
If you now press on Restore you should be able to move to the tasks folder and choose my file. That´s it.

@ droidman:
That makes no sense because the unit has no light sensor. Auto Brightness is only available if the unit has a sensor.
You need to go a different way, because I am running into the same issue you do. If I use Autolight of my car, the screen brightness woud be dimmed if the light is switched on. Same behavior on acivating Auto wiper, the light would be switched on automatically too....

If you are interested I would provide a really good working solution.... if Pumpkin repaired the brightness...
Tasker switches the brightness in steps down/high dependant on dusk and dawn.
No root needed.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:57 am

Hi Rigattoni ,
thank.I did it as you instruct .However there is nothing difference after i click the play icon on the left buttom.Sorry for my poor knowledge about this app.Could you tell me or show me an video that what will happen when i click the play icon or how to do.
04111.png
04111.png (1.05 MiB) Viewed 7587 times
04112.png
04112.png (882.51 KiB) Viewed 7587 times

Regards
04113.png
04113.png (1.45 MiB) Viewed 7587 times

Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Configuration”