Steering Wheel button config

Frequently asked questions and answers

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Morpheusptt

Steering Wheel button config

Postby Morpheusptt » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:02 pm

Hey there.
I just installed a multifuction steering wheel, it looks just like this one: Image

So the left volume buttons work, the star button mutes the stereo, and the phone button opens the BT app, makes a call, etc.
On the right, the list button does nothing, the OK button doesn't do much either, and the arrows change the onboard computer.

All of this is fine. However, i'ld like to change some key assignments, for instance, i'ld like the star button NOT to mute the radio, but to do something else instead, like open the radio.

When i go to Key Assignments in the Setttings menu, the Stereo does NOT detect any of the keys, even when i press reset and try to map the keys again. I just keep pressing the keys on the Steering wheel, but the HU doesn't let me assign them.

Is there something else i can change in the settings?

Thanks. My unit is a CN03-03101.

Jammy

Re: Steering Wheel button config

Postby Jammy » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:39 am

Hi,
your car control signal via can bus signal so it is impossible to manually remap the key funciton.
Hope you know.
Regards

Morpheusptt

Postby Morpheusptt » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:45 am

I didn't, thanks for the answer.
Does that happen in any Head Unit, or just the one I own?

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:26 am

Hi,
it happens in any head unit. It does nothing to the head unit.
Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Configuration”