AE0273B-08A CAN support?

Frequently asked questions and answers

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jroal

AE0273B-08A CAN support?

Postby jroal » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:18 am

I noticed in the factory settings menu there appears to be support for CAN. I even saw "Porsche" supported there and I have this installed in a Porsche. However, I see no documentation of where to connect the CAN and what we can use it for. Can you please provide documentation of what CAN functions this unit supports and where to connect CAN wiring. I also noticed a system app called "CAN.apk" or something like that. I am very interested in the CAN support, wiring, and any documentation you have. Thanks.

Jammy

Re: AE0273B-08A CAN support?

Postby Jammy » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:17 am

Hi,
you don't need to set that can type.
Usually after you connect the power cable with canbus decode box , you will be able to star the unit , SWC, and illumination and so on.Different canbus has different functions.However,we don't provide Porsche canbus and the information about it .Hope your kind understandings .
Regards

bouldergeek

Re: AE0273B-08A CAN support?

Postby bouldergeek » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:30 pm

I also purchased this unit, for the same type of install that @jroal used.
2006 Porsche 987.1 with Bose factory audio

Do you know if the VW CANBUS adapter that you do sell could be of any use in this installation?

Would you have any recommendations on installation of this unit without CANBUS, or a hybrid system like the VW interface?

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Configuration”