Better Bluetooth App?

Frequently asked questions and answers

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Lam3001

Better Bluetooth App?

Postby Lam3001 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:30 am

I just bought the AE0273B-08A Android 8.0 head unit.

Is there an update or alternative to the built in Bluetooth App?

I like to use my phone to select Pandora, Stitcher, or other sources of music and stream them to the Pumpkin. I also like to make phone calls with it through the Pumpkin. But there are several issues and areas for improvement:
1) After a phone call today, the head unit kept showing a green icon in the lower right corner (does this indicate the Bluetooth App thinks I am still in a phone call?) -- I could not clear this away until I finally used the RESET button on the unit.
2) It does not show the name of the artist or song or any other information at all about what I am listening to. This works fine in other car systems (I drive a Prius sometimes with a factory head unit). Is this something to do with A2DP/AVRCP?
3) Playing from my phone to the Pumpkin over Bluetooth is noticeably lower quality than playing to other bluetooth devices (is this an A2DP problem?)
4) The Bluetooth App user interface is very plain looking -- no color, etc. It could really look nicer since we have a full color screen
5) The Bluetooth widget on the launcher does not show anything interesting like artist/song name, time, etc.
6) I could not see a way to redial the last call I spoke to

I would happily pay some money for a better Bluetooth app for streaming and calls if I could find one.

Jammy

Re: Better Bluetooth App?

Postby Jammy » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:53 am

Hi,
sorry that there is no update for the build-in BT app.
About your query,1.if this happen just once ,maybe caused incidentally . Hope your kind understandings.
2.it really doesn't show many info about the song except for the name of the song.
6.you can find the recent calling in the BT page and just click the record and next click the call icon to recall the contacts.
recent call.png
recent call.png (44.88 KiB) Viewed 1023 times

In addition, thank you for your advice about the BT app , i will react this to our engineers and once there is some update ,i will notice you here.
Regards

Lam3001

Re: Better Bluetooth App?

Postby Lam3001 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:53 pm

Yes the BT app does show name of song and artist.
But widget does not and launcher does not but it does for other apps like Pandora.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Configuration”