GM Chevrolet Express CAN bus & SWC configuration

Frequently asked questions and answers

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
nomaxtech

GM Chevrolet Express CAN bus & SWC configuration

Postby nomaxtech » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:06 pm

I recently purchased the ND0286B Android head unit for my 2014 Chevrolet Express 1500 (w/o Navigation). The radio can be seen at the link below:

I have it powered up and playing music, but none of the CAN bus options work, including the steering wheel controls. This is a little bit of a disappointment right now because the previous radio I purchased from Autopumpkin worked with everything right out of the box.

Through emailing back and forth with Monica Autopumpkin, she said I needed to purchase the following item to make it compatible with my vehicle:

I followed all of the instructions I could find and I have it all wired up, but there is no wire on the head unit for the CAN bus. How are these functions supposed to work? Like I said, on my previous radio, right out of the box, the screen showed when any doors were open and the steering wheel controls worked.

It ended up purchasing an AWSC-1 because everything I read said I needed one. I have that hooked up now too but that doesn't work either.

Last, in the setting menu, which option am I supposed to choose for my vehicle's CAN bus? It looks like there are a few GM options in the list.

Please help!

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Configuration”