Virtual Keyboard Numbers

Frequently asked questions and answers

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
SQueal

Virtual Keyboard Numbers

Postby SQueal » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:49 pm

I am hoping someone can help me, I am having an issue with the virtual keyboard. When I hold down the top letters to get the number it doesn't work, which is frustrating when typing in post codes. (I understand I can change to the "123" and back to "ABC", but I would rather it worked).

I have a 10.1inch PX3 with 7.1.2 (2Gb) - MTCE_KLD_V2.80_1. The head unit was bought from Amazon (205-5239336-4068300).

I have tried getting the latest MTCE_KLD_V2.80_1. version in a hope that the bug was found and fixed, when I run the MCU updater it finds it, reboots but doesn't install. I have tried to enter recovery mode in the past through this forum and it does not work. (Various resets, reset while turning on ignition) so I can't install updates that way.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jammy

Re: Virtual Keyboard Numbers

Postby Jammy » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:02 am

Hi, could you show me an video about this two issues? Sorry that i don't understand your query well.
Regards

SQueal

Postby SQueal » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:07 pm

Jammy, thank you for your response, I have managed to record what I was trying to describe, how do I upload a video to the forum?

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:45 pm

Hi, you can upload the video to the youtube or other website and show me the link.

SQueal

Postby SQueal » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:38 pm

Ok, think I have managed to upload to youtube, hope it works:

Video of the numbers not coming up when you long press the top row of letters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE8M-51QPFU

Video of my trying to update the MCU to the latest I could find, hoping that the bug had been sorted. (MTCE-KLD-2.94es_by_cs-x)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_MXDPe8jEU

Thank you for your patience.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:13 am

Hi, sorry that i am unale to watch your two video. They both show me "it is unavailable". Could you check them?
Regards

SQueal

Postby SQueal » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:49 pm

I have made the links public hopefully you are able to view them now.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:36 am

Hi, sorry that it is normal that numbers not coming up when you long press the top row of letters. Because we didn't design this details. Hope your kind understandings.
As to the fail of flashing the mcu files, is your sd card or USB pendrive empty except for the update files. Maybe there are some disturb.
Regards

SQueal

Postby SQueal » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:45 pm

Thank you for your response, seems weird that the number don't work even though they are shown above the letter.

I have not tried the MCU update on a blank SD / USB, there was stuff on there, however, if it will not fix the problem it might not be worth me even attempting it. Are you able to tell me what the changes were from version MTCE-KLD-2.80 to MTCE-KLD-2.94 are? That way I can see if its worth trying.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:44 am

Hi, our engineers tell me that there is no difference in common experience when comparing this two different version of mcu. So i suggest you needn't to update it.
Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Configuration”