Installation questions

Frequently asked questions and answers

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
geri

Installation questions

Postby geri » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:44 am

Hi I have MODEL 11-RQ0422-DE-A with MTCC-KLD6-V2.91
All I have the system in the car for something like two months and I am really happy with it.
Yet I have some questions:
a. The OBD programm Dash Command cannot see the obd. It says that I need to turn the blue-tooth on first. Is there a fix for that?
b. How can I update the IGO maps? Based on the forum reads I presume the automatic update does not work.
c. When I installed viber it recognised the unit as a cellphone and not a tablet. Therefore it did not ask to pair with an already existing phone but wanted to register as a new phone. This is a problem for me since I just want the viber from my phone to be available also in the car.
d. On the original radio, when it tunned in an rds radio station the canbus directly syncronized the time and date to the car screen. With this unit I have to setup the clock of the car manually. Do I do something wrong or can the automatic update be added as a feature?
e. What is the codepage of the music program? I have some greek characters in UTF-8 and it cannot recognise them.
f. Last and most important. I have a head unit and a wireless reverse camera. I have plugged it to the unit and it works. I also took power from the reverse headlight to put on the cam triggering cable, so when I put reverse the signal from the camera gets by. But:
f1. Sometimes when I am in reverse, suddenly it does not display the reverse signal any more and returns to the normal mode. If I remove the gear and put it again it returns to the reverse camera. Any idea why that is happening?
f2. As I said I have a wireless reverse camera. My car is an opel astra. I have the canbus for the opel astra. I did the mistake to give power to the wireless receiver and the headunit from the yellow cable, but the red cable comes from the canbus so I do not believe that I can get power (around 200 ma) from that cable. Therefore my question is: can I use the ANT cable as a power cable. Does it give power when the unit is on, or only when the radio is on? Can it handle around 200 ma?

Jammy

Re: Installation questions

Postby Jammy » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:38 am

Hi,
a. could you please first tell us if you bought the Bluetooth OBD2 adapter from us? If is, you can refer the below video to use the OBD2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ9Cw-xvkx8
b. About the maps update, once we get the update maps, we can upload it and send the links to you. It does not support to update via website.
you can also use other maps, such as Google map, Sygic, and waze.
c. The viber app may not be compatible with our unit, sorry about this.
d. this unit can use the GPS location function to sync the time, you can go to the Settings--time to set it. And you can also use the network time sync.
e. About the greek characters, the system language decoder may not recognize it, sorry about this, and I don't know the codepage of the music program, it's the factory secret file. You can use other third party music player to play music.
f. about the wireless reverse camera, cause wireless camera accept that 2.4G Wireless Transmitter & Receiver, and if some of your local radio station or camera surveillance is used 2.4G Wireless this frequency, the reversing camera might be disturbed, resulting in abnormal working.
If you want to use the ANT cable as the power cable, you must keep our unit turn on, then the wireless reverse camera will get the power when you put your car into reverse.
Regards

geri

Postby geri » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:35 pm

Thank you for your answears!

a. No I bought it from somewhere else. The program Torque works properly from the radio with the obd dongle. The program Dash Command cannot work.
b. Are there any new maps for my unit?
c. OK. Bad luck.
d. The unit has the proper time. My question is if the unit can also syncronise the canbus clock, as the original radio did.
e. Also a third party player could not recognise the codepage (the file was in UTF-8)
f. If I have disturbances I expect to see a black screen. That could be expected. The weird thing is that it returns back to the infront mode (eg back to the radio). So the ant cable can give me the power that I want?

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:50 am

Hi,
a. Could you take a video to show us the problem of the program dash command?
b. There is no new maps, once we have and upload it, we can send you the link, then you can download and use it.
c. This unit can sync the canbus clock, which your on-board computer show the unit display time.
d. Our technician suggest you connect the red or yellow wire to provide power for wireless reverse camera, if you tried but don't get what you want, you can try to use the ant cable give the power.
Regards

geri

Postby geri » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:17 am

a. I will try to do this weekend.
c. No. I have to manually set the time of the on board computer. I will try to demonstrate it on the above video.
d. The red wire comes from the canbus decoder to the radio so I don not believe that it can give me the necessary power. I have plugged it in the yellow cable right now. The problem is that it continuously askes for ~ 100 ma. Therefore if I dont use the car the battery drains. That's why I am looking for a solution to get power ONLY when the unit is on.

Bug FIx: iGo on Greek when I am above the speed limit it says: "You are below the speed limit". I think they mixed the sound of above and below :lol: .

Thanks for your replies.
Regards

roscored

Postby roscored » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:19 am

There are good alternative gps mapping apps out there. I have tried offline maps, it was fine but the voice was too quiet to use, even with GPS settings on headunit sound up to max. then Sygic which I am most happy with and sound good for directions. I have read that the reason the builtin gps software was not updating was that that it is a pirated copy.

geri

Postby geri » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:40 am

Oh yes. The normal sound problem! I also had that problem. And I fixed it by changing the volume amplifiers in the advanced settings.
Beware you need to experiment a little bit and if I remember properly you need to increase the values and not decrease them.

Concerning the Navigation systems I can compare Navigon vs iGo:
Navigon: Better map HUD (with current speed and current speed limit)
Better favourite management
Lane proposal
Slow response, and crashes some times

iGo:Better alternative route path
When you start restores route planning for the last know route

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Configuration”