Bluetooth ID3 Support

Frequently asked questions and answers

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
the3rdjsn

Bluetooth ID3 Support

Postby the3rdjsn » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:35 am

Order #100005922
7″Android 5.1 Quad Core Car DVD Player for BMW E90 /E91 /E92

Why is there no Bluetooth ID3?
My wifes 6 year old Lexus has it.
Is there anyway in hell to get this?

Jammy

Re: Bluetooth ID3 Support

Postby Jammy » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:24 am

Hi,
This unit does not support to display ID3 when playing music via bluetooth.
You can also use the SD card or USB device to get the ID3 of the music.
And there are many third party music player you can choose to use, such as poweramp, spotify.
Regards

the3rdjsn

Postby the3rdjsn » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:09 pm

I know its not supported, my question is why? This isnt new technology. I dont quite understand why this isnt a bigger issue, My iPhone cant connect to the radio via USB so i am stuck with a blank screen, and having to look down at my phone for Song information.

I choose to play music from Spotify/Pandora/Apple Music etc on my phone and stream it via bluetooth. I would love for the radio to pick up the ID3.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:29 am

Hi,
Sorry for the late reply due to the weekend.
Cause the bluetooth function is limited by the internal bluetooth module, we will take your suggestion into consideration and try to make the bluetooth music display available on our new product in the future, sorry for the inconvenience brought to you.
Actually you can use the easy connected function and play music via bluetooth to pick up the ID3 of the song. Hope some help.
Regards

the3rdjsn

Postby the3rdjsn » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:20 am

No I cant use the EasyConnect via bluetooth, I have an iPhone. The WiFi connection is weak and slow.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:41 am

Hi,
You have two way to use the easyconnect, one is to connect the same wifi signal for both the unit and your iPhone.
We suggest you use the other way, please share the hot spot from your iPhone, then the unit connect the hot spot to use the easyconnect.
Regards

the3rdjsn

Postby the3rdjsn » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:50 am

If my iPhone was jailbroken I could get the tether, as of right now I am on a grandfathered data plan that doesn't allow hotspot/tehering.

I am very disappointed in the bluetooth issues, Can you please tell me the make and model of the bluetooth module in my unit. Is there a chance for a software upgrade to enable ID3/A2DP.

Order #100005922
7″Android 5.1 Quad Core Car DVD Player for BMW E90 /E91 /E92

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:02 am

Hi,
Cause the bluetooth module is integrated on the main board, it does not to change at buyer side or upgrade with the software. sorry about this.
Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Configuration”