Clarity on external mic poor

Frequently asked questions and answers

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Sidkimcon

Clarity on external mic poor

Postby Sidkimcon » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:31 pm

Hi
I just received the head unit today, everything seems fine but the external microphone, the quality is very poor on receivers end, i can hear the call perfectly but everyone i call cant seem to understand me, and the internal mic on the head unit is even worse, can you please help with this issue as the handsfree calling is very important to me. Is there a better mic i can use? I do not mind buying another mic if it is going to improve call quality

The head unit is Pumpkin SKU: 13-RQ0278E-UK-A and i purchased from amazon uk

Kind regards

Jammy

Re: Clarity on external mic poor

Postby Jammy » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:40 am

Hi,
Sorry for the trouble caused.
The external mic is special one for our unit, most external mic from the aftermarket are the standard 3.5 mm port connection.
So it's nearly impossible to find another mic from others which fit our unit, sorry about this.
Regarding your issue, normally we suggest close your windows and doors, try to reduce the interference around.
And you can contact our customer service to get a new same external mic to check.
We test both the external and internal mic before sending the unit and the accessories out.
Best regards

Sidkimcon

Postby Sidkimcon » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:32 pm

Hi jammy
thanks for your reply, all ready done what you suggested with closing windows etc still issue is there, how do i contact customer service as i would like to get another mic to test before i send this hu back for a full refund as this is quite frustrating for me that no one can hear me
Regards

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:47 am

Hi,
You can go to the Amazon store and find the customer service module to contact our customer service.
Or please write to our customer service email box "support@autopumpkin.com"
Any assistance, you can also contact me feel free.
Regards

cpufix

Postby cpufix » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:32 pm

On my unit 11-RQ1221E-US-A
I have replaced the external microphone with the following
PIONEER CPM1083 External Microphone with 3.5MM MONO PLUG TO 2.5MM Adapter

This works great for me, has resolved the poor quality on the receivers end.
The Microphone comes with a 4 metre lead.

Sidkimcon

Postby Sidkimcon » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:08 pm

Hi jammy
Just to let you know I contacted customer services and they are sending a replacement mic. Hopefully that sorts out the clarity because i am very happy with the unit otherwise. So thank you so much for that.
Can i ask Just 1 more question if that is ok. In the box i recieved a lead which says sim card on it. Is this where i would enter a sim card with data on it to recieve traffic update on the head unit?, i have installed tomtom go from playstore which is working fine but the traffic update is not working, or do i need to buy a dongle and plug it in the back usb and get mobile data via the dongle,
Thank you in advance

Sidkimcon

Postby Sidkimcon » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:19 pm

Hi cpufix
This adaptor sounds interesting can you post a link to the adaptor you use if possible or even point me into the right direction
Thank you

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:01 am

yoyo42

Postby yoyo42 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:52 pm

The other option to get live traffic data, streaming music etc. apart from 3G is if you have a mobile phone then the head unit can connect through the phone using the phones wifi hotspot or bluetooth tethering.

This will use up any mobile data allowance on your phone, and some contracts have a much smaller 'tethering' allowance than normal data allowance so watch out you don't get charged for it. It does save you having to get a separate 3G sim-only contract.

cpufix

Postby cpufix » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:25 pm

Hi Sidkimcon

Just Goggle 3.5MM MONO PLUG TO 2.5MM Adapter.

I purchased via Trademe in New Zealand http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... 1205324722

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Configuration”