RQ0278E too bright despite illumi wire

Frequently asked questions and answers

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
philippe565

RQ0278E too bright despite illumi wire

Postby philippe565 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:16 pm

Hi i bought a RQ0278E 5.1 android head unit on 27 december on http://www.autopumpkin.de, order n°500001644.
This unit is almost perfect for me , but i noticed one annoying thing .
I wired the illumi wire , the unit auto dims its brightness (as it should work)when headlights are on, but it doesn't dim display enough .
So i have to manually dim the brightness when i drive by night because even in night mode , it's too bright.
I think a setting for night display ,in addition to the general brightness setting ,should be a real improvement , like we can find in others headunit manufacturers.
Would it be possible to suggest to integrate a night display (or night brightness) in futur firmware? Thanks

Jammy

Re: RQ0278E too bright despite illumi wire

Postby Jammy » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:42 am

Hi,
Cause different clients have their different display brightness requirement, but I can understand you..
I will try to submit your suggestion to the factory developer.
Once there is a new firmware which support the night display mode, we can send it to you.
Regards

n4droid

Postby n4droid » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:28 pm

Good evening,
I too have the same big problem ... the brightness is very annoying at night ... I have to lower it manually every time .... quote is a firmware that provides an adjustment day / night?
Thank you

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:35 am

Hi,
Could you please first tell us your order number? Or is your unit same as RQ0278?
For the brightness, different person has their own proper brightness requirement, please first check if you connect the illumination wire to your car headlight positive pole.
If is, then the screen brightness will be a bit dark when you drive at night and turn on the headlight.
Or you can go to the settings to make the key light on permanently.
Regards

n4droid

Postby n4droid » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:56 am

Good morning,
I acqiistato the radio on my aliexpress d order number: 80780492665662
The connections have been made correctly, when I turn on the lights turn on the LEDs of physical keys, but the display does not change.
The model is RQ0278E
It's a software problem in your opinion?
Thank you

SpaceMunkeyUK

Postby SpaceMunkeyUK » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:50 pm

If it's any help I use the Twilight app which removes the glare from the screen during night time hours (which it gets from your GPS location automatically)

philippe565

Postby philippe565 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:23 pm

thanks Spacemunkey.
Does this twilight app auto resume, after fast boot ?
when i turn on my car, none of this kind of app is auto launched , i have to launch it manually

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Configuration”