Wifi shows connection but no internet

Frequently asked questions and answers

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Iamaklr

Wifi shows connection but no internet

Postby Iamaklr » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:59 pm

First I have know idea what model number I have.I purchased on amazon it is a android 6.0 DVD player 6.2 inch screen,the trouble I have is that the wifi hotspot,I have to connect it every time I start up,and now when connecting it says,not connected an orange wifi bar shows up,but I can still use the wifi all of it works,?? I'm using my phone as hot spot so connecting each time I thought was normal but now what's with the orange bars.I show super strong signal moved antenna just to make sure but nothing changed,my easy connect has never work with s5 or iPhone but don't use it really,I have also tried other phones with hotspots and does the same thing,it does connect at work with no problem shows a nice white bar,? Please help I'm going to upgrade all my speakers and install new amp,but if head unit is going out,I'm going to have to look at kenwood or pioneer and for go the apps from android

Iamaklr

Re: Wifi shows connection but no internet

Postby Iamaklr » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:41 am

Amazon order number 105-9067853-7249836
Found model number CN10-02201B

Iamaklr

Postby Iamaklr » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:50 pm

still no help a rest code or update would be nice,thanks

Iamaklr

Postby Iamaklr » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:49 pm

I got it to work again,for now. all I did was change the password on the wifi hot spot its self.still will not auto connect but at least I can down load maps etc.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:51 am

Hi,
Sorry for the late reply.
For the wifi hot spot issue, I tested two smartphone, one is iphone 6 and the other is an android phone.
The iPhone share the hot spot without any problem to connect to our unit, but the android phone has a little problem.
When the android phone close the hot spot and restart, the unit could not auto connect to the save wifi hot spot from the android phone, I need to click to connect the wifi on the unit, then the unit will connect to internet again.
So it's related to the phone you used, sorry about this.
Please notice, you need to plug the wifi antenna come with the unit.
Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Configuration”